Groin and lower back pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi , this is my first post and I'm hoping I can get some advice on my symptoms. I am 47 years old and  I was diagnosed with a small cyst on my right ovary in May 2014. I had accompanying lower abdominal and lower back pain but still had regular periods.     I never had any follow up scans to assess the cyst but continued having the pain , sometimes so bad I was reduced to tears and had to walk really slowly .     Now over a year on , I still have these pains but have had some ireegular bleeding with some very large clots.  I am also having some Nausea.  Although the cyst was on the right side , the groin pain sometimes moves to the left side , which is confusing.  I have been resting over the last few days since the bleeding stopped but this persistant groin and lower back pain still remains.   I am having a blood test next week and my Doctor wiches me to have another scan.   Has anybody else had these problems?   I'm not sure what to expect , although I am prepared for the worst , as I had treatment for cin 3 abnormal cervical cells over 20 years ago and Cancer is very common in my family.  Thanks for reading x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The scan is a good first step. Periods tend to get either heavier and more frequent or longer as menopause approaches. I never completed menopause up until my TAH in June for a large suspicious cyst. I felt a lot of pain in my legs and lower abdomen. I had a 16 day period after 6 months! What your cyst looked like on scan last year probably determined the wait and see and yes cysts crowd other organs and press on nerves.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.