Groin pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 6 months post op have been really good but the last couple of days I have had groin pain any hippies had the same symptoms 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Groin pain seems to be a fairly common complaint after THR. There are a number of muscles, tendons, ligaments and other soft tissue in and around the groin, and you probably have injured something. Rest, ice and elevation for awhile might help. Rest is so important so you don't keep reinjuring it. If it doesn't get better, then you could see your orthopedist for an examination and diagnosis.
    • Posted

Thankyou Annie I have walked miles. I also think I have a big dose of paranoia in there too! But if feels better again tonight
  • Posted

hi ruth ,

just bumped into your post ...

how are you today? 

that darn groin pain .... I still get that occasionally and I am like over 12 and 6 months post-op (2 thr's) - it sort of reminds me of the pre-op pain ...

I think Annie is right here - there is still healing taking place - our body is coping with so much , keeping us in balance, learning to walk properly , and before I know it  I have fallen into bad habits again - limping because I overextended myself, breaking the 90 degree rule repeatedly etc ... 

and I was diagnosed with trochanteric bursitis about 8 weeks ago by orthopedic surgeon at check up ---

so, if you are worried, have it checked - it is annoying to hear that you have to slow down and listen to your body ---

How are you getting on otherwise?  Are you working ? 

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Ruth, when your hip is not working properly or mending due to surgery, other muscles have to do the work instead. One of these is your adductor, or inner thigh. It gets tight and sore. It connects to your pelvis high up in your groin area and when it gets overworked, pain appears. I also get pain on the inside of my knee where it connects there. Try icing or gentle massage. Speak to your physiotherapist about ways to stretch it. 
  • Posted

Hi Ruth I am 5 months post op and have been improving well apart from my left foot. Last Monday I started with severe groin pain, I couldn't straighten up. I had to go to the hospital for an X-ray they told me it wasn't my hip but a muscle spasm. My husband said it was because I had been gardening but I think I must have turned my body wrongly.

i hope your groin pain has improved mine is getting better each day.

Brenda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.