Grrr!! Aches and pains!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi ladies just had to ask... I'm so achy everywhere arm. My neck feels consistently locked up and now my finger joins (particularly index fingers) hurt like hell especially in the morning! My back clicks and clatters when I first get up but eases during the day if I make sure I get plenty of movement. It's my shoulders and neck that is always constantly achy and sometimes it's painful to look left or right.

Feel like an old maid but I'm only 51. Haven't had a period of ages just light pink shows so def in peri.

Just anxious I'm locking up with arthritis or something. My fingers feel just awful today.

I'm taking high strength cod liver oil with starflower oil but only started this week and advice says it'll be 3 months before this could work.

Any advice ladies?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Louise, sorry you're feeling this way. I had the exact same thing, taking calcium and Flex Pro with Glucosamine & Chondritin got me back on track like within a day or two. Also, taking a multivitamin helps as well. i know you feel awful but try a calcium pill to see if that helps if you any. Calcium pills helped me also just not as well as the Flex Pro pills which are designed for joint pain.

• Posted

oops where's the edit button? **if you have any***

• Posted

Ooo great advice thanks Hun. I'll get something today. You're a star 😀 Xxx

• Posted

I am 41 and in Peri . I've had the same problems as you but my Dr. Ordered blood work and it came back that I was low in vitamin D. He advised me to take 1200mg of vitamin D a day and its helped me so much . I don't ache anymore and its even clearing up my skin and growing my hair

• Posted

Thanks love I'll have. Blood test then and see if that's what I need too. Thanks so much xxx

• Posted

Ooh it's SO nice to hear you say that - it means I'm not the only one!rolleyes I'm well into Menopause now, but I'm afraid the pain got worse.

The pain in your fingers is probably arthritis, especially if, like me, you work with your hands a lot (gardening, artwork, Knitting etc). But your neck and shoulders is more like soft tissue (tendons, muscles, ligaments) damage.

On the Calcium front, it is so much better to get your calcium from your diet than supplements. Calcium in supplement form is not so bio-available and can build up in your arteries,where you definitly don't want it!

• Posted

Thanks Hun -ok I'll stick up on yoghurt and stuff maybe. Have u tried glucosamine at all?

• Posted

Yes I did try glucosamine/chondroitin supplements, but they made me feel a liitle weird. Tried them a few times and felt the same. Then I found out some people are affected that way, so I don't bother now.

Devil's Claw is supposed to be good for joints. I've tried that but can't say I've noticed much difference.

I have read several articles that say some folks can get relief from NOT eating nightshades, that is potatoes, tomatoes, aubergine and bell peppers. I must try it and see - but I do love my 'tatties' and mousaka is a favourite dish!frown

• Posted

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I'm always concerned taking supplements without advice as I worry what they do to you if thry don't even help the condition ur taking them for.

My friend uses Devils claw (she has dreadful aching joints and can't lift her arms over her shoulders arm and she's only 54). She said it works "occasionally" but I may try it and see too.

Like you I love potatoes and tomatoes AND peppers but couldn't really do without these either.

Keep smiling love and thanks so much for your reply. Hopefully we come out the other side of Meno pain free eh? 😀

• Posted

I truly can relate you I have the aching joints your right mainly my shoulder area and my hands it's so bad at times I can't even lift my arm over my head I try to keep moving so I don't think about it I haven't taken anything going all natural doc told me that taking something is ok for a bit but when meds stop menopause symptoms cone back with a vengeance so I've really haven't taken anything bit my blood pressure meds that's it not even for the anxiety it is horrible my whole day is a living hell and by the end of the night I'm so wore out but thanking God lately anxiety has not been so bad but the aching good lord sometimes I want to pull my shoulders off my body and my elbows and fingers if I try to work out my shoulders it makes it worse then I get a burning feeling in them grrrrrrrrrr well I'm praying we all get through this soon hugs ladies

• Posted

Hi Louise my shoulders and neck are in constant achy, painfully fatigued. I'm trying magnesium oil, icy hot, salonpas, arnica but the one I just started seems to be helping better is Australian dream. I've only used it few days now but liking it so far.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.