Guidance or suggestion

Posted , 8 users are following.

I celebrated 4 years of not drinking two weeks ago due to ONE thought in my mind: one more day without drinking PROLONGS my life and I will live longer and see my grandchildren.....IF i take ONE more drink i will live fewer days and be sad...simple but effective...AND I feel much better and look younger..I did stop 6 years ago and after 3 months wanted "that one drink since I know how to control it.." and I could not. Yes, started drinking again heavily but stopped the following year since it could have ruined my family life. I just know that I have to remain sober and not have the one drink. Best of luck to all of you wonderful people out there. My first post here after 2 years! Robin

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

That was nice and motivating Robin. Thank you and good for you. Keep it up. 💓

• Posted

Wonderful achievement, Robin. Congratulations !

I have just completed Day 4 Alcohol Free... quite a way to go, to be in your league.  Your advice and inspiration is so true.  I want to live.  I want to see my grandchildren. I want to be the person I should be.

You are always encouraging people, on here.  Many will be glad to know of your long lasting, determined sobriety.

Keep up the Best You !

Angel 🎇 

• Posted

thanks for your kind words..thinking back...the shame of it all and not even remembering where the hidden bottles were and will she find them? It will never stop unless we take very drastic steps...Robin
  • Posted

A HUGE big well done and smile from me, what you have achieved is just awesome!

biggrin biggrin

An inspiration to many, Robin.

• Posted

Well done Robin - a wonderful achievement. Can't believe we haven't heard from you for two years. It is good for you that your thoughts govern your behaviour. I can think of dozens of reasons not to drink and no reasons to drink other than I enjoy it. But I still drink too much.There are plenty of things that should motivate me not to drink, but I still drink too much. I can wake in the morning (not hungover or anything) and think today I won't drink - I don't fancy a drink now why should I have one at all today - but by lunch time or by evening if I have something to do in the afternoon I'm back to the wine.

• Posted

THanks a lot. I have been very active for 2 years but it is the first time that I have posted anything myself. That is what I meant. I normally always reply to other people and give advice. So many here trying so hard to stop and never easy....I am ready to assist anybody...Robin
    • Posted

Well done robin

i think you were the first person to reply to me when I joined. You're a very nice person who is always interested in helping and encouraging others. You are very modest in your fantastic achievement, 4 years sober and always find something positive to help others.

youve helped me a lot, both by private messages and on the forum itself. You are a real family man  whose turned his life around and reaping the benefits of a sober life. Well done and thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.