Guttate Psoriasis - Natural Remedies what's working?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello, I had a guttate psoriasis breakout a few years ago. I tried everything to get rid of it. I changed my diet, quit drinking, smoking, quit gluten, quit sugar and nothing happened. I used steriod creams from my doctor and that made no difference. After a month of intense dieting I decided to start bringing back some food favorite just to stay sane. Within a few months out of nowhere it just disappeared. 

Now, It is back! I'm wondering what has worked for others out there suffering from Guttate P. I want to stay on a natural path as I believe that is better then rubbing all sorts of chemicals on my body but of course I am open to anything to clear this up. 

I have it severely on the tops of my hands and feet. My elbows and knees and second worst and a little on my chest and legs. More then anything its my hands that drive me crazy, they are convered with the P and it is visible to everyone. It does not look good. I get strange looks all the time. People don't know how to react to it.

What I'm doing now is staying away from processed, frozen, fast foods. Eating lots of fruits, bananas, apples, kiwi, blueberries, raspberries. I've been rubbing lots of organic coconut oil on it, non stop all day, as soon as it drys I rub more on it. I've been trying to eat lots of veggies and stay away from meat, but this is hard for me. So I've been eating chicken and turkey. Lots of salmon and tuna (poke). I've also started drinking apple cidar vinegar and raw honey every morning. And a dandelion detox tea.

What are some other recommendations? What works for you?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry Timothy can't help. It have psoriasis arthritis. I have started on this new system called Isagenix . It's full of nutrition and vitamin and basically eating the way you are now. My skin doesn't seem to get as dry although I still do use cream everyday. I don't seem to get quiet as tired. Sorry I couldn't help you

• Posted

Hi there

I too suffer from guttate psoriasis - I can get it pretty much anywhere...even my eyelids???

I have tried many of therapies you describe, apple cider etc, without any noticable benefits. I think the problem with guttate is that it is so unstable and variable it is very hard to tell.

After all these years of it I think the best thing is to have a healthy varied diet. There is some evidence about EPA/DHA omega 3 fish oils, I did get some benefit for a while but then it stopped and I am not sure if it was just some spontaneous clearing anyway - as guttate can be like that.

I think the longer you leave it without any form of medication the harder it is to control...I too would like to just be able to rely on "natural" remedies. Becareful by not limiting your diet with important nutrients, too, by the way...

I have had the best success with Acetretin (tablets) and Dovonex ointment - I am doing this now and am 90% clear, just a few spots here and there. Sun also helps me and is best for guttate which is widespread and difficult to treat with topicals.

• Posted

I am seeing some great results with Aloe Vera gel lately. I have stubborn plaque psoriasis on my elbows and I am applying Aloe Vera twice daily after exfoliating the plaques. The redness has reduced massively and I'm sure Aloe Vera would work on guttate psoriasis too ..good luck

• Posted

I too have guttate psoriasis. Out of no where it erupted after no flare-ups for 32 years of my life. I was 70-80% covered! It was horrendous within first two weeks, horrendous itching, sleepless night and going insane. I could write you a long reply but I've got a website with my story and what's helped me manage my guttate psoriasis. Go to majaz dot co dot uk I know how you feel with trying to get rid of it, I've given up on curing it, but managing it is my aim.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.