H Pylori, gas and burping - recovery time? Gas so slow to go.

Posted , 17 users are following.

Hi it is my first time on these forums, and seeking comfort in what I read. I found out I had H Pylori after several trips to the doctors complaining of excess burping, bubbles of gas in my throat and strange stomach gurgling. I finished my triple therapy one week ago and the burping has almost subsided but the little bubbles of gas that come up at the back of my throat are still hanging around. Can anyone compare their stories of the gas caused by this horrible bug? If I press my tummy I can hear it all going around.....wondering when the end will be in sight!!

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

if tolerable, increase your consunption of fermented

foods..dairy and plant. kefir/yogurts, fermented

cabbage etc. may take 5 to 6 days . small meals, avoid salt. DGL a few times a day. if not better continue and add L glutamine 2gm x2 daily. h.pylori causss stomach lining problems..often the amox,clarth, ppi does not kill the bacteria completely..hp cannot survive together

with lactic acid. thus fermented foods, plus fermented foods have the probiotics the antibiotics destroyed. claudio

• Posted

Hi Claudio,

Thanks for this information. I have sourced some L Glutamine on amazon UK, did this help you a lot? Seems a bit harder to find the DGL but will keep looking. Definitely small meals helps, I ate too much the other day after a full day of being almost symptom free, only to find myself to suffer again the next morning! Think this is going to be a long process.....does anybody actually ever clear this thing straight away?!!

• Posted

Joanna you can get DGL From Amazon as well. I use Enzymatic Therapy as do many others here but they also have many others. Hundreds of very positive reviews. The taste is nothing like what some say. Sweet tooths dont like it at all. In this case get the German chocolate flavoured one.
  • Edited

Hi Joanne. I've had H-pylori for nearly a year and a half, I've had 4 bouts of symptoms with gas being the problem. My last go at getting rid of this horrible bug is 4 different antibiotics that the hospital prescribed and my GP administered to me. My advice and is wait at least 8 weeks see how you go and do a stool sample take it to your GP and ask them to send it off. Sit back and wait. Hope all goes well. It really is nasty.
    • Posted

Hi Beverley

Thank you for replying, good to know there's people in the same boat! It feels like it is really dragging on....have had symptoms since November and really pushed to have tests done and the stool sample revealed it. But I have had a real lack of information from my GP. I wasn't told how long the symptoms could linger following treatment, nor that people may require further courses of treatment. They said that if this course doesn't work then I would have to have a gastroscopy. But it appears from other people's experiences that they have been retested first to see if the course of therapy didn't work, which sounds logical. Can you share your experiences of treatment? Have you had a gastroscopy? My only symptoms are pure gas.....bubbles up the throat when swallowing, I did have bad burping but that has resolved. My tummy just feels a bit like lead from the gas.....

• Edited

Hi , I am diagnosed with h.pylori 4 weeks ago, since then, I have completed 10 days antibiotic course, i still have frequent burping. I am not sure how long is it gonna take to recover. I would really appreciate if someone recovered from this disease can guide me in this regard.

Thanks

• Posted

hey i would recommend probiotics they really helped with my throat gurgles and stomach problems after i had hpylori smile

best wishes 

• Posted

Hi Joanna

hope you are fully recovered now.

i was found to have H pylori and given antibiotics for one week. This hasn't helped much , actually symptoms have become worse. I still suffer with excessive gas / bloating and my stool is not normal since 2 months. I am now going for endoscopy.

can you share your experience especially any treatment post endoscopy.

how long it took to get fully recovered 

cheers

waseem 

• Posted

Hi , I am diagnosed with h.pylori 4 weeks ago, since then, I have completed 10 days antibiotic course, i still have frequent burping. I am not sure how long is it gonna take to recover. I would really appreciate if someone recovered from this disease can guide me in this regard.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi everyone,

Any update on how you are feeling?? I had treatment last November 2015, still struggling, many foods hurt me still, can't handle a glass of wine and I don't seem to digest properly fats.

Feel constantly tired, I ran another endoscopy + colonoscopy in March everything showed normal, doctor only reported a minor erythema in the antrum of my stomach.

Many thanks for your reply

Regards

• Posted

For all infected with h bylori; if you do not recover within two weeks after treatment you should visit doctor to check your middle ear.

I was struggling to recover from h bylori for the last two months at the end I have found that I have middle ear enfection, I have returned to myself just after three days of getting ear infection treatment.

• Posted

Thanks

• Posted

Hi joanna,

Recently because of heavy burping and musscel pasm I had endoscopy and doctor detect me pan gastric due to h pylori.

Currently I m on meditation esmoprazole, amoxiline and clarithomycin.

at present I have lost sense of hunger ,I am worrying lot increase anxiety.

I have read ur story , kindly let me know whether u filling better now ?

And it will be better if somebody can guide me in this regard.

• Posted

For all infected with h bylori; if you do not recover within two weeks after treatment you should visit doctor to check your middle ear.

I was struggling to recover from h bylori for the last two months at the end I have found that I have middle ear enfection, I have returned to myself just after three days of getting ear infection treatment.

• Posted

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.