h. pylori ........just started antibiotic treatment

Posted , 4 users are following.

i just started antibiotic i am as sick as. in the stomach head and cant sleep. any ideas to relieve symptoms pleeeeeeease

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

i think you will be following triple therapy for 14 days ( eradication of h pylori).antibiotics worked for  1 week ,after that symptoms came back for me. So now i stick with natural foods. Avoid sugar and dairy products/spicy foods which will irritate more your stomach lining. Have cabbage, broccoli. carrots , spinach,yoghurt more frequently. Wish you for speedy recovery.
    • Posted

i on the triple therapy but only goes for 7 days.i got more symptoms on meds. so mayb i have no hope when finished.. i eat all that stuff heaps of the good stuff but also i eat dairy not much and sugar .oh dear. i hope speedy recovery also. already had a year....rhanks for reply.....
    • Posted

Try to consume more fermented rice which will restore the gut flora . It's natural remedy and easy to prepare . I am trying this for past couple of days and feeling good .
    • Posted

ok.... how do i prepare it ...? i have never heard of it....
    • Posted

Its indian receipe called pazhya sadam . You can search in google. Its very easy to prepare.

Preparation Time : 10 mins

Ingredients:

Leftover cooked Rice - 1 cup

Water - 2 cup or more

Salt to taste

Yogurt / Curd - 1/2 cup

Method:

Take a earthernware pot/ bowl and add rice to it, cover with water and cover the pot/bowl and set aside overnight.,

Now next day, add  curd and salt. Mix well and have it as your breakfast on empty stomach.

Try this for a week. Hope this relieve your pain.Let me know if this remedy works.

• Posted

Hi

After suffering from h.pylori for 40 years, I started antibiotic therapy a few months ago.

Having taken the medication for one day, I collapsed in public and finshed up in the back of an ambulance.

The point is that the treatment is very aggressive for some people. Nevertheless it is hugely worthwhile to persist. My system seem to get used to it after 24 hours. I found probiotics and live yoghurt to be helpful both during treatment and I've continued with them since. Incidentally the Americans advise 14 days treatment. I compromised with my Doctor at 10 days.

• Posted

ok wow collapsing... omg....i have persisted . been hell but i on last day tomorrow. . im in australia. we have different days. 7 10 14 depends which dr you go to.. yes i started with the probiotics....but not live yoghurt.. i planning on continuing with probiotic... the massive dosages of antibiotics . in 7 day pack .i dont no about others... has given me candida. grrrrrrrrr.. now i on antifungal .... oh dear... dont seem to be able to win...... but all we can do is try i guess.....
  • Posted

Yes, the downside of having to take these powerful antibiotics is that they clear the system of the necessary good bacteria as well as the bad (h.pylori).

It is the reason why some doctors prefer you to take them for 7 days rather than 10 or 15. Its a difficult problem. 15 days is more effective but more risky leaving you open to c.difficile in particular.

You need to get some good bacteria on board - hence live yogurt and probiotics.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.