Had a bout of diverticulitis 2 weeks ago

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had a bout of diverticulitis 2 weeks ago and got flagyl for 7 days. Finished them and had constant bowel pain since.  Been back at the doctor last Thursday and he said there is no point in given me more antibiotics since they haven't worked.  He has taken bloods which I need to wait a week for the results and made an appointment for a colonoscopy which I should get in a few weeks.  In the meantime I am still in pain and watching what I eat - hardly anything.  He did give me a prescription for buscopan but cant say its made any difference.  I am scared and getting more stressed about the pain.  Should I be free of it by now?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

sounds as though there is still some infection ,causing the pain, Why not give

the A&E a visit ,Nice doctor you have .ever thought about a different practice ???

• Posted

So, it's seven days since your cry for help,are you going to tell us how you

are feeling now, or do we have to surmise that you are O.K.????

• Posted

Hi Jacqueline

I'm afraid I have been back and forward at the hospital since last week.  First stay - was told that I didn't have diverticulitis attack, was probably my bowel going into spasm and that I had a bladder infection - gave me antibiotics for that.  Took them for 3 days (course was for 3 days)  with still pain in my bowel.  Was back at doctor and he  said I had a kidney infection gave me cipro.  Took cipro for 48 hours no improvement .  Went back to hospital and they checked my urine and said I had no kidney infection it was something chronic and I need to go back to my GP.  Been managing with pain killers .  

• Posted

So sorry  Patricia, I had a urine infection and was given the best 

antibiotic ever I wrote it down, and can't find it A 3 day course 

No side effects 

Do you think that doctors really have the ability to diagnose anything

properly I had a very painful eye  wen to the eye clinic  4 times had

4 different diagnoses and a different one rom an eye consultant

Another visit to the eye clinic five weeks after the first one, The pain was agony . an eye technician had a look, and said there is a foreign body in there ,She took it out and showe me the tiny black speck.,

and from then on it got better First diagnosis was a herpes 

infection !!!!!!!

How are you now, ? Must say that I now head towards H&B for 

cures ,rather than chemicals 

Why couldn't they sort you out at the hospital   ?Pain killers only 

hide the problem, you need it sorting  ,not hiding

It's really frustrating, and very annoying nit being able  to get help

Don't disappear xx

• Posted

Apologies for the strange words and missing bits. it only happens

on this  alien infested lap top 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.