Had a good day, so why do I feel as if I'm not here?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Haven't been on here for a while, been trying just to get on but I just don't feel right. Had a good day out with my grandkids today but after getting home I just feel not here, empty, vague, can't seem to think. the TV sounds miles away. Felt like this last night too. I almost feel like I should do something to make me feel something. It's as if my mind has shut down again. 

My head feels tingly, fuzzy, noticed tinnitus again very high pitched hissing. Had some vivid weird dreams last night too. Not expecting any solutions just thought it might help putting it down.

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you on any medication ie antidepressants if so may be you dose isn't high enough or its not right for you I know if I forget to take mine I get the same thing.

May also be worth getting a check at the docs just to be safe if you have been doing more than normal may be that

• Posted

Hi I'm on 30mg of mirtazapine reduced from 45mg over the past 5 weeks as my psychiatrist says it doesn't seem to be doing anything for me. Quite often my mind seems to shut down and I can;t really think or i am just blocking stuff out.

You shouldn't really forget to take your meds as you could end up with more problems.

• Posted

Yeah sounds like the drop from a high dose to a lower one which is causing the issues you symptoms seem similar to dissociation disorder but speak to your doc and see what he says but it does sound like the dose causing the issue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.