Had a look

Posted , 9 users are following.

Well some of you regulars may have been reading about the burning, stinging vulva tenderness I have been having for the past seven or so weeks. Was seen twice by Gynae registrar at four weeks post operation and then five weeks after. Ten days ago I went to casualty (on their advice), casualty doctor kind of examined me but admitted that she had no idea what she was looking for but called Gynae doctor who said they were too busy to see me and sent me home. Discomfort has been so bad today I decided to get a mirror out and have a good look. Poor hubby is shining a torch while I am crouched over a enlarging mirror. 😭 I have these four large (what look like white fluid filled mouth ulcers, two on either side of my lower vaginal wall. No much wonder I am uncomfortable 😞. I have my post operative check up on Monday and it can't come soon enough for me. OUCHY, OUCHY

0 likes, 125 replies

125 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Aww you poor thing it sounds like a infection.,i bet you can't wait too..bless you and good luck 😘
  • Posted

Hope the neighbours couldn't see πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³πŸ˜³
  • Posted

Oh Barbara you poor thing ! You must be in so much pain !! It's so frustrating isn't it ! The reality is you have known that something hasn't been right but had no one really take any notice ! Do you think you should be going back to A&E - surely they can't ignore that !? X
  • Posted

Oh Barbara you poor thing ! You must be in so much pain !! It's so frustrating isn't it ! The reality is you have known that something hasn't been right but had no one really take any notice ! Do you think you should be going back to the accident and emergency - surely they can't ignore that !? X
  • Posted

Well one good thing is that my husband doesn't need any more convincing that there is something not right anymore. No Debra I am not an exhibitionist. πŸ˜‰ Would certainly been the talk of Wokingham. They better get me sorted as am meant to be starting back at work a week Monday as I work in a secondary school in the art department. Don't want to walk around like John Wayne just off of his horse. Plus going on a holiday involving lots of walking in Easter holidays 😞
    • Posted

Bless him..😊 It's good that he looked mine wouldn't have done lol πŸ™ˆ I go to see my consultant on Friday..I hope he lets you go back to work..hope you get sorted you have had a rough ride to be fair..how long ago did you have it done 😊
    • Posted

8th December so around 10 weeks ago now. Wish I had never had it done now. I can't enjoy myself as uncomfortable to walk around. Daughter is a teacher and is off on half term too and we had planned to go out shopping together etc having to put it all on hold now 😞
    • Posted

Oh dear you should be well on the mend if that haven't had happened..and I bet I had mine done 22nd and to be fair I've been really lucky..the hardest but was not being able to pick my 2 year old grandaughter up 😟😊
    • Posted

I'm 54 55 in June I'm just waiting to see if it's all ok then I'm good to go πŸ˜³πŸ‘
    • Posted

Hi me to 30th πŸ™ˆI I'm a twin though I've got 2 daughters 27 and 23 next tues and a grandaughter who's 2 πŸ˜€
    • Posted

Oh wow. My daughter is 24 and is a June baby too, 24th. 26 year old son. Until July last year I worked with a teacher who shared a birthday with me and was the same age. Apart from looks we were SO similar in many many ways.
    • Posted

Hi me too I still walk like a penguin sometimes I feel the same as you πŸ™ˆπŸ˜³
  • Posted

Have had a really bad night, an hours sleep if that. Cold compress down there and trying to keep either side of my vaginal entrance apart 😞. Crying every time I have to wee as it is like pouring boiling water on myself when it trickles over the ulcers. If I could have gone out and bought a catheter and put it in myself then I would have.
    • Posted

Oh dear that must be horible for you 😟 they will sort it tommorow hopefully..😊
    • Posted

Hi Barbara, I really feel for you hun not fair at all that your

Suffering like this. Have you bathed in sea salt baths or thought of adding pure lavender oil to you bath water.its very healing

And all natural.my friend is a Chinese herbalist,swears by

Lavender for healing infections and wounds.hope this helps

• Posted

I would think that salt water would sting like hell. I can't cope with more stinging and burning than I have now
    • Posted

You also need to be careful barbara because depending on what sutures were used it's not always advisable to have a bath. Different consultants have different ideas about it. I would also be careful about adding anything to bath water without getting advice first.
    • Posted

That's what we always recommended but I am cautious when I say that on this forum because different hospitals may give different advice but I always think it's better to err on the side of caution.
    • Posted

You don't need to use that much.. I would definately try the lavender oil. Its very powerful indeed.just a thought.good luck.x
    • Posted

Gosh 6 weeks..that seems a long time. I'm going to miss having a nice bath when I have my op.
    • Posted

Hi Baraba how did you get on with your meeting with your school
    • Posted

I was advised it because you don't want to get your stitches all wet and soggy 😳
    • Posted

You may be able to have a bath. Depends on the type of sutures used but a bath can make the internal sutures soggy and then the wound takes longer to heal. You need to check with the nursing staff
    • Posted

Like I mentioned in a previous post nothing should be added to the bath water without checking with the consultant/nursing staff first.
    • Posted

That's right debra. It delays healing in a lot of cases and can lead to infection because the wound becomes soggy.
    • Posted

My manager was very understanding but I still burst into tears as fell I am letting my teachers down. She said wait till end of week and decide how I feel
    • Posted

barbara you really aren't ready to go back to work for at least another few weeks yet and you need to be away from work without worrying about the job. Please take some more time off x
    • Posted

Aww bless you..I'm seing my consultant on Friday..with mixed feelings
    • Posted

I agree if I was you I would wait untill your 100% and your not yet bless you x
    • Posted

I am seeing one of the doctors in my practice on Thursday hopefully. Have to phone on the day at 8am and hope for an appointment
    • Posted

Yes I understand.. Makes sense matron.thanks☺
    • Posted

Wokingham in Berkshire ( between Windsor and Reading). Doctors sometimes just speak to you on the phone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.