Had first band fill

Posted , 3 users are following.

Wondering if I could get some advice. I had my first band fill on Wednesday of 1 ml and since then I've not felt any different, i don't feel a restriction. Not sure how to explain it really. Would I be best phoning up and getting advice?

Tia

Donna

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi - its not uncommon to feel no difference after the first band fill - it is eagerly awaited but often it takes several small fills over a longer period of time to reach that ultimate level of restriction - thats not to say that you cannot lose wgt in the meantime as you need to practice health eating habits which should assist with th e wgt loss however dont be disappointd that you dont feel any different cos that is the way it is for lots of us - it wouldnt hurt to phone and get advice or you could enlist in a support group and speak to other bandsters either online or face to face - your hosp might run such a group or you could go to somewhere like WLSinfo and see how others in your situation are managing and what words of advice etc they can offer. good luck 
    • Posted

Thanks for reply I gave my clinic a phone and have advised me to come in in 2 weeks time instead of the four weeks and see if I'm ready for another fill. I've lost 3 stone in 6 weeks so all heading in the right direction so to speak. Just a bit unsure of how it allows but everyone is different I suppose. Thank you again. X

• Posted

Donna I had my third fill today and though I can certainly feel it if I eat to fast or do not chew enough my hunger and ability to eat hasn't changed much at all yet. I have lost about 11lb since May 5th op which I am really gutted about but my surgeon assures me its little steps and the weight will really start coming off after 4-6 months. Trying to stay positive but you are certainly not alone in the way you feel at the moment. J

• Posted

the band is often compared to the tortoise in the wgt loss surgery world as it is slow but just like that tortoise you will get there so keep chipping away at it - good luck
    • Posted

Yes only time I feel the band is there is like yourself if I don't chew enough it's a little reminder. It's just when you speak to some people they say the felt the band tighten etc where as I didn't really feel much to be honest. But I know everyone is different. Im trying not to concentrate too much on the weight loss but it's so hard when all that ever happens is jumping on scales lol.

• Posted

i would say i felt a difference for a pprox a wk when i had my first fill then it was pretty much the same as before but with each fill it did become tighter and it was a bit of a learning curve in as much as things i could eat easily then became a bit difficult - chewing thoroughly is def the way forward but there are lots of foods i hae learned from experience just do not go down well as they are the wrong texure - bread, rice, pasta and anything dry like fibrousy meats/fish, chips, are a no no

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.