Had gastroenteritis, now better but still have quite soft stools

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had gastroenteritis (diarrhea no committing) for 5 days. I was better 3 days ago and started eating again gradually. I still have quite soft stools though. Is this normal after a bug?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Yes it's because of the unbalance in your colon From the Gastritis which can last for a week or more

Buy some probiotic drinks from acdupetmarket or wherever you shop and that will get the good bacteria into your system again to give it a kickstart hope you feel better soon

Take care

Kevin

• Posted

Nope wasn't on antibiotics before the bug. Hoping it's just a sensitive gut trying to sort itself out. Do you think taking Imodium will cause a prob? Or just help to make it better?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.