Had heart attack 6 months ago - had same symptoms

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, hope someone can shed some light. Hubby had heart attack 6 months ago, had emergency stent placed. He's 54, quite fit, family history of heart disease. Few days ago he had been feeling 'off' came home from work said he felt ill, then all symptoms of previous MI presented, only not as severe. Ambulance arrived, ECG and cardiac enzyme test OK. He was discharged but still does not feel right and we are very worried. He is convinced it was another MI. Could it be possible that another small MI occurred without showing in test? Any help would be greatly received.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I've got two stents myself, unnerving feelings happen fairly regularly, what medicines is he currently taking ??? smile
  • Posted

Hi, many thanks for your reply. He's on Ticagrelor, statins, Ramipril, aspirin and Bisoprolol. Angina has been ruled out by nuclear scan.
  • Posted

Well his medicines seem in order,, he really needs to see the Cardiologist smile Hmm Angina ruled out by nuclear scan and yet he seems to be suffering from alarming Angina neutral Go to the Chemist and buy some Glyceryl Trinitrate spray (Nitromin brand), have 3 or 4 sprays, it's good cheesygrin He really needs to talk to his GP and then Cardiologist soon though, his GP today really neutral

Where exactly is he getting the (let's call them) 'Angina like pains',, in his chest, in his side, armpit, arm,, is it moving about ??? neutral

• Posted

I have tried to get him in to see cardiologist, his next appt wasn't until November, was advised GP has to refer him, so appt made with GP. He has GTN spray, which he used when symptoms occurred, but made no difference, as spray is for angina, which they say he does not have.

However, he does have another blockage, over 70%- because scan showed no angina, they are just leaving it. I asked how will we know if it is becoming even more blocked; "he will start to get symptoms" was the reply. Just wish they would put stent in that too!

The pains are more tightness, across his chest and all other symptoms consistent with MI, i.e. nausea, being sick, sweating,etc.

• Posted

If your husband feels it is Angina then it's Angina neutral

They don't just stent everything nowadays, he needs what's called a Fractional Flow Reserve test, this is used to work out if a stent is needed smile

When GTN became useless for me the Cardiologist increased my Bisoprolol and started me on Isosorbide Mononitrate, this did the trick, makes me feel quite good smile

He needs an urgent referral to Cardiology so hopefully his GP will set the wheels in motion smile

Thinking about it, anti-platelet medicines (Ticagrelor) plus Aspirin could cause Stomach problems that could seem Heart related, such as a stinging Ulcer down there smile

• Posted

4 am 8) cheesygrin Oh I forgot to say, if your husband is using the Nitrolingual brand of GTN then he may as well throw it in the dustbin, the stuff is absolutely useless smile
    • Posted

Hi Benny, I hate using this spray makes me feel ill. How does the Nitromin brand compare?
  • Posted

Many thanks for all your help. We will see what the Cardiologist comes up with. Could this recent episode have been an anxiety attack I wonder.
  • Posted

Anxiety isn't out of the question, one things for sure, your husband won't be wondering what it is if it's a MI, or heading towards one with strong Angina, both hurt a lot smile Though of course everyone is different :[
  • Posted

I have had the same diagnosed initially as hiatus hernia ? As it was due to inadequate pupping of oxygen this is not suprising .

After 2 false alarms I now have a regime ie: ranitidine & GTN spray in tablet form . Should this not resolve

would call 999.

Apparently some hospitals have Rapid chest pain clinics this would be good access to put your mind at rest ,as now have fibrillation & borderline for a pacemaker with low back pain & stiffness.

Due to acute temporary aspect suspect may have some connection & wonder whether a a steroid may be needed.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.