Had my first ever panic attack and it's left me really scared

Posted , 3 users are following.

So yesterday I was lying on my bed and got a sharp pain in my chest, it made me completely freak out and within 10 seconds I felt faint, was sweating and felt nauseus. I got up and walked it off. It came back again later that night and compeltely freaked me out, I thought I was having a heart attack despite the fact my chest wasn't that sore. I think I just need peace of mind that it's not something serious because that's what's scaring me. 

I eventually got to sleep last night but didn't manage to sleep very long. I've woke up today and i;m a bit anxious, feeling like it could come back on at any minute and it's scaring the hell out of me. I'm 20 years old and really don't want to make a big deal of it but don't know what to do.

Can anyone provide me with some advice or help? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Normally i would say make sure your anxiety isn't caused by any other medical situation. Once everything is OK jus keep calm relax download some anxiety help apps n do deep breathing. We all feel ur pain n know what u r going through
  • Posted

Thanks for the reply, i've been completely on edge all day and it's worrying. I think i'm definitely going to make a doctors appointment tomorrow, but due to how busy they are I could face a wait for up to one week for it.
  • Posted

i would go to the doctor, too, just to have the doc listen to your heart, take blood pressure and reassure you. heart attacks don't spontaneously stop. but if you have anxiety to the level it's affecting you this way, best to get it sorted now. deep breathing, progressive muscle tightening and relaxing, and some icy cold water to drink can help calm you down. good luck!
    • Posted

Woke up today feeling a little better but my chest is still tight for some reason. I went to the doctor, she done an ECG and took my blood pressure and said everything seems fine. 

She still couldn't pinpoint the problem which worries me a little. My chest is still tight now too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.