Had ovarian cyst removed 10 weeks ago

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had a cyst removed from my ovary, it was 9cm, and Fallopian tube removed, had some pain so went to docs who sent me for a scan, n

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Sorry I sent it before finishing, my scan has revealed that I have a 2cm cyst on same ovary, anyone else had this problem and can you tell me what happened.

Thank you in advance for your replies

☺️

• Posted

Sorry to hear about your cyst. I don't have any advice but really interested in the replies you might get. I am in bed rest and pain medication because of pain associated with ovarian cyst. I have a 3 cm hemmoragic cyst (I think that is how you spell it) on my left ovary and a 2cm cyst on the right one. The first time I knew about ovarian cyst was when I was 19yrs old. I went to the ER because I had lots of pain and found one cyst. But they said not to worry because since I was pregnant (yes, I found out in the ER) it will shrink and dissapear. So I thought nothing of cyst until now. I am following this, hopefully you will get some good replies.
    • Posted

I forgot to mention I'm 29 yrs old now.
  • Posted

Just had a 7 cm cyst removed laparoscopically two weeks ago. The cyst was on my ovary so the dr removed the cyst, both ovaries, both Fallopian tubes and a d&c because my uterine was was too thick which could have been a sign of cancer. I personally did not have much pain associated with the cyst and found it only by going to my yearly gyn appointment. Once I realized it was there I did notice a little nagging pain after standing for long periods of time. I choose to do away with all of my girl parts except for my uterus. I did this as I had no interest in having even more surgery should another cyst develop. Let me know if you have any specific questions I might be able to help you with. They did make me wait 8 weeks to see if it would go away on its own which didn't happen for me unfortunately.
    • Posted

Sheri, how are you recuperating? I heard (not sure if it is true) ovaries are very important in the way us woman feel and look. And if I may ask how old are you? Thanks.
    • Posted

I am 50. I took a blood test that said I was in menopause so they advised me to just take them out. I do know that even in menopause your ovaries still produce quite a bit of hormones. I don't seem to be missing them at all. My recovery is fine. I am two weeks out and no pain. I was wheeled into the or at 11:15, out by 12:30 and home by 2:00. I had no pain when I woke up other than the fact that they had used a cathider which I have since learned I could have asked them not to use. In the future I will refuse the use of the cathider.
    • Posted

I will say that if you are not in menopause they would try very hard not to remove the ovary. I didn't care as I am done having kids. I have also learned that even if they have to remove one that the remaining ovary will function for the removed one.
  • Posted

Why did they remove the ovary instead of just removing the cyst?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.