Had pip assessment Waiting decision

Posted , 58 users are following.

Hi,

I'm new here..I'm claiming PIP as I can't work due to my bipolar,I had the ATOS assessment a month ago and a text from DWP a week ago to say they have all they need and are making a decision,I have been beside myself with worry,anybody assure me at all that it won't be much longer?

Thank you

6 likes, 233 replies

233 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Tracy, I had my pip assessment in December and the woman only gave me 2 points and the mandatory one gave me exactly the same and so i took it to a tribunal and thankfully i won and received my letter on Monday the 7th June.

I have progressive MS and spinal damage,but it will take a few months should you not be initially successful but stay strong and have loads of medical evidence ok. Good luck :-)

• Posted

That's awful to have to go through! I'm glad you got it successfully in the end! Thanks,it's a waiting game I suppose 🙄
    • Posted

Yh it's shocking but that's the government for you and they should of kept dla!! Also the rudeness that you get then it's soul destroying but hang in there ☺
    • Posted

Yep it sure is,can't even describe how I'm feeling after that call sad

Thankyou though.

• Posted

I got a letter today saying I was no longer entitled to pip but like you I have a really bad spine and progressive ms, I’ve written asking for a mandatory reconsideration but wasn’t holding out any hope but I’m going to keep fighting, thank you.
  • Posted

Ring them that's how I found out after a month backdated money too
    • Posted

I built up the courage to call & the man was quite rude. Said he has six weeks to decide 😕
  • Posted

Hi there tracy,

I am in the same situation as yourself. But when they sent me a text yesterday told me they would be in touch within 14 days and would also assume that means working days.

They asked me to confirm if any of my details had got worse since htey had seen me. 

But I think in a way its good its taken them so long as you obviously have a seriuos condition and if you are concerned why they are taking so long give them a call.

• Posted

Thanks Janice,

I'm not good with waiting,my anxiety is through the roof and my mood is very low..feel sick with worry.

I called,they said it can take six weeks but I've heard of some hearing back within 2!😏

• Posted

I can understand all about the anxiety for those that suffer with it.

And in most cases thats practically all of us that gets within a waiting game for any assessment. It ends up making you more anxouis than you actaully started with! And than leading into depression.

i would be inclined to go and see your dr in your situation and let them know that they are not helping your condition and health with all this delay. See what the dr is willing to do for you and if you have a support worker get them involved also. So they can speak on your behalf.

Take care now and hope you get soem form of good news soon.

• Posted

I can understand all about the anxiety for those that suffer with it.

And in most cases thats practically all of us that gets within a waiting game for any assessment. It ends up making you more anxouis than you actaully started with! And than leading into depression.

i would be inclined to go and see your dr in your situation and let them know that they are not helping your condition and health with all this delay. See what the dr is willing to do for you and if you have a support worker get them involved also. So they can speak on your behalf.

• Posted

Hi Tracy

I can fully understand all about the anxiety for those that suffer with it.

And in most cases thats practically all of us that gets within a waiting game for any assessment.

It ends up making you more anxouis than you actaully started with! And than leading into depression.

• Posted

Jessica, I'm a little confused because you're replying to posts that were made several months ago....

• Posted

hi hun....there isnt a time limit as to when people can reply...especially with stuff like benefits as this PIP.ATOS palava is ongoing...im glad people are recently replying to be honest as I think i found this thread quicker because of that and finding the answers interesting and helpful
    • Posted

Hi Jessica

I agree with suzeelew

These issues will always have same questions and ANY feedback months later could help us

The dwp are constantly changing so we need to be constantly aware of changes or lack of money

Ive only just come online and we have the waiting game

My 19 year old daughter has 5 autoimmune diseases but we still worry like everyone else

Post away. Its all useful xx

• Posted

Hiya

That's not too bad. Was it on review? Or a new claim? I'm still waiting for F2F assessment after completing review forms. It's stressing me out and I now wish I had ticked no change just to avoid these F2F assessments. I rather have the same money then go through all this.

I've received letter from Capita stating could take upto 16 weeks but I think this is their standard letter

• Posted

I think we applied end November 2016 to go from dla to pip

Then she had an assessment around the first week of January i recall. But the waiting is a huge worry

Shes been on dla since she was diagnosed 10 years ago

Its a big worry because she has diabetes T1, Addisons but also coeliac disease so her food does cost and tends to feel tired also due to her 4th thing hypothyroidism

so has some mobility issues at the moment

Im hoping she gets good management one day as she is only 19 and wants to obviously be

without all this worry

I didnt knoe there was a 'no change' box

Is that for existing pip ?

Thats useful as the conditions have no cure and those forms are awful

• Posted

I had a review in October I ticket all the no change boxes and they still made me have a face to face assessment. When I questioned why they said they send my file to Atos and Atos felt there wasn't enough evidence with out a face to face assessment? Yet the evidence they are talking about was enough to award me the claim previously. In my opinion Atos get paid for each assessment and in my case I feel they only suggested I needed another face to face because they get paid for it. When clearly there has been no change and further evidence supported it. I Was rearward my rewards for a further 3 year, then the who review thing will happen nxt yr. a yr before the end date to my claim. I believe in my case it was a waste of taxs payers money doing another assessment. Of course Atos are going say I need the assessment it's all £ in there pocket s. I still believe they are trained to make assumptions and tell lies. As one question was do u have a licence, from that Atos assumed I had a car. That's just one example.

• Posted

Hi Denise

Yes the review form for existing PIP awards are shorter but nontheless still difficult and stressful to complete. You can tick no change.

If however your condition has deteriorated you tick that box and then need to give further details.

I've been told even if you tick no change you may still be called for F2F assessment. No win situation.

• Posted

Thanks Jessica.

Useful to know whatever you tick it's more then likely you will be called for an assessment.

Do you know how long you have to wait for an assessment?

My letter says upto 16 weeks but I'm hoping that's for new claims and not re iew of awards.

16 weeks is a long time to worry and fret over the assessment. . I want it out the way

• Posted

I had my PIP review last October and only waited about 6 weeks for my f2f. I ticked changes to my mobility but none to my daily living. Had assessment and the only questions i was asked was about my mobility. Assessment was on the Monday, had a phone call on Thursday from DM and decision was made the following day. Assessment lasted for 10 minutes. Good luck and hopefully it'll be this easy for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.