had pre assessment today

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all I'm waiting to have complex rthr with bone grafting, I had pre assessment today and its now hitting home that this is really happening, starting to get nervous but putting on brave face for my husband and 3 young children

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Best of luck.

My surgery took 7 hours as it was also very complex.

But honestly it feels like its only been 2 minutes by the time you wake up.

Have you got a date yet? Xx

• Posted

Hi Sarah, thank u for your reply I've not got a date yet but don't think it will be much longer, I'm getting very nervous

• Posted

Shouldnt be long now.

Its natural to bd nervous. Is this your first surgery?

• Posted

Ahh no wonder your nervous.

My lthr was my 13th surgery haha. Im only 20 so its pretty normal for me.

I assure you it really isnt as scary as your brain makes it out to be. I always think the worst bit is having blood rests done because i really dont like needles haha. Dont worry you will do amazing and its perfectly natural to be nervous about the unknown xx

• Posted

I was scared!! I didn't have a complex bone graph! But scared none the less!! I have a husband and 3 children too!! I've never had any type of surgery!! I'm 37 now and would limp everywhere!! Everyone asking why I would limp!! But had the surgery and now my hip feels like new!! Nothing wrong!! Now I just need my other hip done!! But the pain that my right hip was in was so bad!! And now it's gone!! I know that it's scary!! But you can do it!! We're all different and have different reasons on why why need it done...some of us are older and some very young!! But you can get through this with the very nice people on this site!! And questions before and after someone will be there for you!! Good luck!!
    • Posted

Hi thank u for the reassurance, I'm 36 & my right hip is very bad. My left will need doin eventually . I limp bad as well. So hopin will walk normally again.
    • Posted

Hey I was 36 when I had my right side done to!! I just turned 37 2 days ago!! What a coincidence!! Well anyways good luck you'll do great!!
  • Posted

Hi Micelle, 

Warm welcome to our forum and your first post here - you  are in good company, so to speak - 

of course you are nervous - we all were/are - 

please have a look at :

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thr-useful-resources-487147, scroll all the way down where nyou find : A layman's guide - website created by our fellow member Graham, aka Rocketman - Lots of great information -

if you want you can share more here and ask any question or concern you might have - we are a very diverse group and have one thing in common and that is  to help and support anybody on this journey --

big warm hug

renee

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.