Had skipped beats for 30 years

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have had skipped beats PVCs PACs for over 30 years and now I was diagnosed last year with atrial fib lone atrial fib  which means it only come a couple times a week and convert back to normal rhythm on their own but all day every day I have PVCs and PACs flutters you name it I have been dealing with this for over 30 years and I'm so tired of it it stresses me out . I don't want to go anywhere or do anything strenuous even know they still come whether I do any kind of exercise or not they have preoccupied my mind for so long I just wish somebody could find a cure for this wicked thing called atrial fib thank you for letting me vent

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello Diana. I too have had all kinds of ectopic beats and gone into rapid erratic AF many times. I had an operation called cardiac ablation 2 years ago and eat all foods which do not cause gas. The AF has gone.but still get ectopic beats. It ia always tied in with gas in the gut. Apparently there is a condition called cardiac gastric syndrome . And it is relatively common. Look into foods that don't ferment in the gut causing gas. FODMAPS is one way. Just google it. It's scientific not just a fad. Its partly because of the vagus nerve which connects gut and heart . Good luck.

• Posted

thank you Annie for some good information.it seems after I eat this happens so what your saying makes a lot is sense.i will google FODMAPS I have never heard of it. I'm glad you AFIB is gone .i would rather deal with the pac's and pvc's then that afib that crap is no joke.happy new year and thank you

• Posted

If you had it for so many years and ruled out any possible triggers like alcohol, weight excess, stress, thyroid issues, vitamin and mineral deficiency (vitamin d, magnesium, potassium etc.) and cannot tolerate anti arythmia drugs consider ep studies done and possible cardiac ablation. 
    • Posted

yes I will do that ..I have an appointment with my cardiogolist next week thank you so much Alex
  • Posted

Hi Diana, Well thanks for letting me know that even after 30 yrs, you are going strong.   They say its not the AFIB that kills you , it;s the stroke so I hope you're on Xarelto or something for blood thinners. I was diagnosed with "lone AF"  about 10 years ago.  Since then it comes and goes .   It completely left me for about 4 years . Its been back with a vengeance. I have 3-4 hr sessions and some 12 hr ones.  So they are trying to adjust and change medications.  Have you tried different medications?  Flecaiinide (50mg) is what they started me on.  But I'm thinking of changing to Propaferane.   Any experience with that?   Of course, we all have to do the medication thing as ablation can have complications .   I've seen some issues in this forum now and then with ablation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.