Had Supra Pubic Catheter Op

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi everyone.  Hope you are all doing ok.

I had a Supra Pubic Catheter op done by local anaesthetic and all went well.  I'm still in a little bit of pain where the catheter was inserted but the actual op went really well and I didn't feel any pain at all.

I suffer from Multiple Sclerosis and my bladder is now affected and had not been emptying naturally for some time.  It is so nice not to be a prisoner to the loo.

Just wanted you all to know that this procedure can be done by local rather than general with a lot of success.

Take care.

Shazzie x

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Shazzie,

So pleased that your procedure was successful. 

Here's to a brighter and less stressful future for you.

Kindest regards,

Peter 

• Posted

Thanks Peter

I was very nervous about the procedure but was surprised at how straightforward it all was.

I am looking forbrward to being able to get out and about more and being able to join in with family functions.

Thanks again for your reply.

Shazzie

• Posted

Hi Shazzie,

Many thanks for your reply.

It's always good to hear when medical matters turn out to be better than expected!

Enjoy your family functions - and being relaxed about being able to lead a more normal life.

With all good wishes,

Peter   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.