Had surgery 3times just had a wise excision.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I'm 20 had my first operation on the 6th of March, just a small excision, had an infection in the wound for a number of weeks. Had the second operation on the 9th of April to get rid of the infection they thought that would be it, they swabbed it still had an infection in the wound, on the 1st of May I had another operation this was the wide excision and they cut me really deep, they said that this would most probably be the last operation. I had a wound of 6cm deep downwards, today I had it probed it was 3.5cm so I am on the recovery but I was just wondering if anyone else had the wide excsion? And how are they doing now... Thanks smile

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

In fact I am having my operation tomorrow morning so I will let you know when I am done:P

What's it like for you? Does it hurt?

• Posted

I don't know about that. I just know the way they are gonna do it, and they are gonna remove the whole thing.
  • Posted

I am currently going to the nurses everyday for packing, the nurses believe I am healing well. Please someone comment back thanks it's appreciated smile
  • Posted

I've had the excision done, at least twice. I've had 15 ops over the last 8 years and am waiting on the next. I hope you don't have the problems I've had as I have had Plastic surgery the last 2 times and it made it so much worse. This is a grossly underestimated condition that can ruin people.
    • Posted

Thanks, have you had the wide excision? And did you have all tiny holes that were tracking? I have had them removed and now am on the road to recovery? Thanks pete
  • Posted

I don't want to scare you so i wont say what I went through. Good luck. I have had it taken down to the muscle twice and if you have a vacuum dressing on when you wake up then it was fairly big.
    • Posted

No I didn't have that done mine was 6cm but the doc really happy with recovery
  • Posted

Having the large incision Tues, probably the size of a tennis ball. Ugh, have to stay overnight at the hospital. Will follow up here later.
    • Posted

I had my surgery on Friday, and do trust me, the pain isn't that special, I was told I had a pretty big one myself but I could cope with it just fine with some medication. I am on my third day and I can walk, well slowly but still walk, sit on the edge of the seat with my waist forward of course and roll in bed comfortably.

It's nothing that special, just needs a lot of patience, hope you get well soon.

• Posted

I'm having a surgeon remove it and a plastic surgeon to close it.
    • Posted

I would suggest you don't have it entirely closed, because this way it might come back again. But if you leave it slightly open, you will be able to go back to your daily life within two days, plus faster healing.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.