Had Tah and ovaries removed Monday

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello All 

im seeking advice on what to moving forward, think I have terrified myself reading things on the Internet! 

I had my op Monday and have experienced no pain since, in fact I am completely numb not knowing when I want to wee! I'm lucky that I'm a nurse and have a friend that has scanned me and I'm emptying ok, my Consultant says I should gain sensation again. 

My concern is that I can't have HRT and have read all the issues around hormone crashes, side effects etc with no hormones, I've never had a hot flush in my life! 

I just wondering if someone has been through similar, am I worrying  about nothing? I'm 47 and will be returning to a very stressful job soon too. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi I had my tah in Nov I felt pain when I got out of hospital and had to take painkillers every four hours I had 8 weeks off work I still feel the ditches now and again take it easy your body needs time to heal
  • Posted

Hi, well I hope you feel much better really soon. But why can't you have HRT? Is there family medical issues??

The night sweats are the worst for me, along with feeling tired a lot.

I'm off my HRT from yesterday until I have a full hysterectomy in 4 weeks.

• Posted

Hi

i can't have HRT I've had a breast lump removed, a mini stroke and a DVT all when I was pregnant with my first daughter. 

• Posted

I agree you need time to heal I found it hard to even walk at 1st I had to ask my 70 year old mother to slow down :-). Im fully recovered now 2 years later I can exercise fully and love not having periods and related pains. I think some people are lucky and sail through the menopause without too much problem and others don't. Unfortunately I had hormone problems beforehand and now take hrt after trying other meds. Clonidine worked for my terrible hot flushes but it made me too tired, there are other low dose antidepressants & meds that have a similar effect. Its best to try alternative treatments 1st like black cohosh, wild yam etc and lubricants for dryness I find Sylk the best and it lasts.

Hopefully you will recover quickly and be one of the lucky one's.

• Posted

I had trouble when I went on hrt when I started the menopause as tablets didn't suit me now I've had a hysterectomy I've gone on to a gel at the moment I experiencing a queasy tummy but I'm persevering with it good luck with your hysterectomy in four weeks
    • Posted

Thank for this, I just worry about having no hormones and feel tearful today! I have a very stressful job in the nhs and worry I will cope. I will try the supplements 
    • Posted

Its quite a traumatic operation I think its not only physically but mentally its an adjustment too. Worrying about what if and the future can be stressful. I would just enjoy the rest watch trashy TV and enjoy everyone bringing you cups of tea :-)
    • Posted

I considered myself to be strong and independent also. But after the op I suddenly felt quite middle aged bot once I was on my feet I started gentle exercise and was soon back on top of things. Plus I realised people dont need me to be strong I need them to think I am :-)
    • Posted

That's true after 3 weeks I started getting about I was in pain but I still went to town just went where their were plenty seats when I needed to sit down I'm a fairly strong woman as I have had many gyne problems for years x
    • Posted

Thanks Tracy think I need to get a grip really and confront things when they happen! 

And agree with you about the needing to think not being! 🙂

• Posted

Thanks Caroline that's a good time estimate to head for, not been on the bus for years, will be an adventure 🙂
    • Posted

I can hear your fighting spirit returning :-) From challenges we gain strength as weird as that sounds x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.