Haemorrhoidectomy on 24.11.16.

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi I had one HALO procedure plus 2 haemorrhoidectomy procedures last Thursday 24th Nov,2016  for 3 grade 4 haemorrhoids.

The op was at 8 am. and I was discharged at 3.30 pm same day.

Had trouble in this area since my daughter was born in 1969!!!! In a lot of pain when going to the loo at the moment, but find a little shower gentle pat dry and using a tissue covered in Vaseline makes your butt feel a lot easier.

Eating high fibre stuff and lots of water. Cannot sit, walk, lie without pain and stumble around grabbing onto the furniture as I move around. This is the end of day 4 any advise out there???? Peggy 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Peggy, I've suffered with hems for the past 25yrs, I managed fine, but I had a skin tag I hated, so asked to get it removed. The surgeon advised I had a hemorroidectomy & said it's a painful operation & I would need 2/3 wks off work - he failed to say how long the pain would continue for and the problems I could encounter!

The first b/m was hell, razor blades covered in lemon juice is the best way to describe it!! I'm now 2 months on & b/m are still painful, but getting bearable. I've been left with worse tags than I started with & im still quite raw.

I can't wipe properly, at first it was the pain, now it's because of the tags. So I tend to do what I can & then shower myself. I highly recommend a nice hot bath with a little bit of coconut oil in the water, as this soothes the area & keeps it clean.

Keep up with the fibre & stool softener, but when I came off the stool softener (as advised by my surgeon after a month), I struggled to open my bowels without terrible pain. I've now gone back on the stool softener but only take it once a day.

Good luck x

• Posted

Thanks Carl.... One tip I found myself was after the washing process spread a teaspoon of Vaseline on a tissue and place it on your butt holding it in place with pads provided from the hospital. This feels great until you have to go to the loo again. Day 5 for me tomorrow.... Hope it does not turn out to be a painful Christmas .... Peggy
    • Posted

I believe on day 5 my mom told me about the vasilne, it works wonders!! I rotate between that and the lidocaine. Its day 13 for me and I've had too many BMS this am. My bums sore from going 4 times now. The burning is now almost gone but last night the itching began. Oh its horrible, not as nearly as bad as the burn, but it still sends you over the top. Hot showers and sitz baths helped so much. Even going in the sitz baths helped. And right away showering I might add! Plenty of water fiber sup and for me, ginger root tea helps?

I hope you start feeling better in the days to come!

• Posted

Hi Niasbae...another day another dollar hope yours will be better tomorrow 👍. I have increased my pain killers had to call the doc today could not take the pain. Taking 2 paracetamol every 4 hours and 2 ibuprofen every 4 hours . So this gives me a pain killer every 2 hours. 3 am this morning took Meptazinol in the day time it caused me to shake and almost pass out so I am leaving this one out. Drinking 10 glasses water per day and watching what I eat plenty of fruit and fibre. They say u get this condition through getting constipated, I have never been constipated in my life!!! Booked to fly on 7 th JAn hope I make it. 👍Hope ur better tomorrow my nick name is Peggy

• Posted

Peggy

Nice to meet you, call me Nia. I think we women get it from having kids, all that pressure bearing down on us. And too, all this processed food we eat. I'm having to teach myself how to really cook meals that don't come out of a box! And quite as it's been kept, it seems hemorrhoids are common, especially among the Asian communities. ( My daughters Tae Kwon Do instructor wife told me that) Hopefully you can soon manage the pain without the meds. They made me super constipated! I didn't have a bm for 4days after surgery! Talk about explosion😂😂(sometimes you just have to laugh!

Nia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.