Hair loss

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have hair loss also from the eyeborws? Do you have also itching before the hair falls out?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes I do! Also my legs are smooth after 7 months and I rarely have to shave my underarms.
  • Posted

Yes I had pretty bad hair loss around the time I got diagnosed. I had telogen effluvium for 1 1/2 years. My eyebrows thinned a bit too. My scalp burned as well. Plaquenil helped the burning scalp some but my hair hasn't come back. I still have hair just not as much as before-probably about half as much. You might want to try some clobetasol solution or ketoconazole shampoo to control irritation.

• Posted

I lost the fronts of my eyebrows. I itch so much all over that it's hard to single out one area yet, right before I opened the email notice of your post, I was scratching my right eyebrow.

Someone else mentioned not having underarm hair. I've been wondering if I still have any or if it's just gone white. No one in this house has young enough eyes to tell. I still have hair on my legs but it grows much more slowly, a very good thing since the skin is too fragile for further shaving.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.