Hair loss continues ....so does the sadness

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all , posted a few months back and now at a wits end with this hair shedding , and the fact nobody believes this is happening ! Shed started last July losing more on wash, combing and even just gently manipulating hair ! Seen my GP , bloods all normal . A trichologist whom is lovely diagnosed exessive shedding and a mild case of TE at a push ....months on still shedding more than what's Normal for me , pay to see a derm private days no hair abnormality and growth is still coming in .Now I won't lie yes I have new growth but I'm still shedding a lot more than I'm used too so I don't see how my hair can't be thinning when it's shedding more than growing . Last week I seen my trich who said I have zero abnormal shedding ! My mum and partner refuse to believe there is a thinning issue but I know and see it is thinner and I don't know where this is going ? How have I seen a gp , derm and trich who are all saying there is no issue yet my comb and sink say otherwise ...losing hope that things will ever be the same again and I'm only 25 ......this is challenging

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

If some treatmenst are not working properly for hair growth, you can try out home remedies.

I believe that Massaging Hair & scalp with the almond oil works best, And it helped me in hair growth. I heared  that warm curry leaves in the coconut oil &  & give gental massage to scalp & hair. Its good for hair growth.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply , I can see the growth and id be happy with my hair as it is ....if the shed would stop . I have been reassured it won't get any thinner , how can that be if I'm still shedding more than I'm used to ! It's about 20 per comb , per time when it used to be. Just a couple ...did you manage to stop your shedding Karen ?
    • Posted

Hi Lauren,

Glad to know you liked it. The tips I shared above.  The main reason of shedding  hair is Combing style & your hair style. So use proper Comb/Hair brush for hair. And I suggest you , to be gental while doing it. As my frind told me that, it may because of stress. And aloe vera gel also works best to reduce Hair fall. Besides I do believe Aloe Vera for everything. Couple of months befor I applied Aloe Vera gel on scalp & washed hair after. After that I am not facing any hair problem, like itchy scalp & dandruff problem. Try out this works best.

Hope you find it helpful.

• Posted

Just got back from Alopecia uk weekend at Alton Towers. There was 182 of us young and old wig and hat free in out blue tshirts. What a day. Check out the website
  • Posted

Also not sure if choice of shampoo etc massaging has anything to do with it. Check out charity sites with no profit motive to advise rather than amateurs
  • Posted

Have you tried counting your hairs when they fall out and writing it down for a while to take to your doctors?
    • Posted

lol Just saw that this post is old, but I mean, if this is still a problem for you I guess the question still applies.

• Posted

Zinc can be deficient in female hair loss and also your iron level have themchecked
  • Posted

Hi there ism extremlwy sorry for you Ian loosing my hair and it's really sad I do understand it's awful try regaine tablets I know they expensive

• Posted

Also qvc sell soya tablets they are supposed to be great or you can try plant ur 39 it works I've tried

• Posted

I feel your pain..  My hair has started to thin out and I just pulled a big clump of hair in the shower..  UGH    So many remedies on  the internet to try..   Right now I have oil and an egg in my hair..  : )    I hope it works..  And yes I will try a scalp massage to get the blood circulating.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.