Hair loss with methatexate !!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've being advised to stop taking methatexate due to my hair falling out badly and leaving me upset and with patches !!

Does any one know how long after stopping taking methatexate my hair will stop falling out ???thabks Katie

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

To all of you currently taking methotrexate, find a good accupuncturist and pay to have a consultation.  I took the drug for 10+ years and am now drug free.  My indigestion problems are gone, my gall  bladder good and slowly building my liver back to normal. Consider it
    • Posted

What were you taking methotrexate for, please? I am taking it for RA and wonder if accupuncture would help that.
    • Posted

I too was taking for RA. Even with the Mtx i had occassional flare ups that I treated with joint injections of prednisone. I originally saw the accup for neuropathy in my feet. Found it is a side affect of methotrx.  Began treating 2 months ago, no methotx, no folic acid and some hand stiffness in the am that disappears after a couple of hours. I have lost 15 lbs and have much more energy.  I have elminated potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant and peanut butter from my diet completely..these are highly inflamatory to your body...don't eat it at all-ever. I am so excited for my new journey and won't miss the regular blood tests at all.  Good luck to you

• Posted

Hi - are you on tablets or injections - the hair loss reduced with the injections for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.