hallux valgus

Posted , 6 users are following.

day 5 after op.painful across my foot,must be the way the foot is positioned and pulling muscels that im not used 2 using.im getting bored now and cabin fever is setting in.i know it wont be 4 ever but i am used 2 being active.lol.i have 2 pratice being patient and i know it will be worth it.hope every1 that has bunion ops recently is on the mend.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Mary, I am 9 weeks post op and everything you mentioned is what I went thru. Wednesday I will be going thru another surgery. Boredom, cabin fever and lack of patience are the 3 most hardest things to conquer. Pain rates up there also. Check out the thread ''Hello There''. Great thread about highs and low's of  the journey you are about to take. Eventually things get better. it takes a long, long time. Good luck.
    • Posted

thank u bob for answering,its good 2 know im not alone and there is light at the end of the tunnell.good luck with ur surgery and hope everything goes well 4 u.i will check out the tread hello there.take care.

• Posted

Hi Mary. So glad you found this forum....sooo much great information in the threads. I'm 1 week behind Bob. The first week it is crucial to be elevated above the heart 90% of the time. Inflammation is you worst enemy at this stage. Do you have the pain across the foot even when your foot is not down? Are you partially weight bearing. My wish for you is as comfortable a recovery as possible. You are over the worst now and it should only get easier from here! 😃
    • Posted

dont have the pain when my foot is up only when i go 2 get anything.i think thats the foot saying 2 have the foot up as much as possible and rest lol.its a pain i can take but its the unknown,u dont know if thats okay or not.thank u rena 4 ur helpful advice.its reassuring 2 talk 2 people that has it done and going through the same as u.im glad u are recovering well.take care.

• Posted

Hi

it's been 6 weeks since my bilateral bunion operation and everything is now great. I can confirm is definitely worth it. Keep focused on how much better you will feel.

Denise

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.