Hanuka Honey

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am interested in the Hanuka honey comment that it really helped one person.  However, has anyone else tried it?  I am concerned about putting something that foreign in my eyes without more positive comments and more people who have tried it successfully.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I would also be very loathe to put something that sticky and alien really anywhere near my eyes. I have though found enormous success with lacrilube at night every night regardless of whether showing symptoms, blephagel in the mornings and most imporattly a cetrizine - anti histamine daily. My eyes are now largel clear with this routine. Best wishes, Fiona

Best

• Posted

Dear Fiona,

Is lacrilube and blephagel are over the counter or prescription? Have you tried GenTeal. Its a lubricant eye gel. Its OTC.

• Posted

Hi Rita, I get mine on prescription as I am exempt so obviously it makes sense but you can get blephagel and I think lacrilube from Amazon and one or two online chemists and as far as I'm aware Boots xx

• Posted

I think you mean Manuka Honey?? I have tried it and spent $40 on a little jar.  It seemed to help for a week or so but it was such a mess to put on and use that for me it was not worth it.  You can imagine trying to put honey on your eye lids and not get it in your eyes and how sticky it makes your lashes.  I would use it at night and it would get on my pillow.  You can use it during the day if you are leaving the house or you will look lie a freak.  It's worth a shot if you are really suffering.  I will try just about anything to get relief from the painful condition.

• Posted

Thank you for your response.  I have ordered some and may try it.  I guess I should not expect the "CURE" the original author said it would do.

• Posted

You don't put it in your eyes. You put it on your eyelids. I tried it, and it's mild and totally harmless. I didn't really care for it because it's so sticky, but if I didn't have anything else working for me, I would definitely use it again.

• Posted

Thank you for your response.  The person who said it helped so much wrote to put it IN your eye and on your lid.  That advice did not sound good to me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.