Happy Thanksgiving!

Posted , 9 users are following.

For those of you who celebrate the official holiday, and for those of you who don't, I just want to say that I'm very thankful for finding you.   I'm so thankful for finding this forum, where you all so generously share your support, insights, experience, advice, and laughter!  It means the world to me.  ??

Now, if I could only figure out how to do a sodium-free Thanksgiving Dinner!.........

Wishing everybody a vertigo-free day!!

Take good care....

J

2 likes, 44 replies

44 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Awe I feel the same! This is the only place I feel normal.

Happy Thanksgiving!! 

• Posted

Dear Hayhue,

RE: "This is the only place I feel normal."

That's it!  Perfect! Those are the words I couldn't find!  

With many thanks,

J-

• Posted

Thanks JMJ!

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family and to all others on here and let's all pray we have one great day!

• Posted

Good idea, Daniel....One Great Big Wonderful Vertigo-Free Day!!  :-)

Take good care,

J

• Posted

We don't celebrate it here but happy thanks giving to you and yours smile and wishing everybody on here a non episodic day

• Posted

Thanks, Chris!!!  Those are the BEST wishes!

....I Just read that article you pasted re: Visual Vertigo.  It was excellent.  Excellent!  FYI;  I have yet to see a single post that was being moderated, come back to life! The system won't allow URL's or anything that smacks of a website identifier.  You did the best thing by pasting.  Or, you can give an effective Google keyword combo, or send the URL via the private messaging system:  Just click on the envelope icon to the left of the username (under their symbol) and send it jsut like email.

Happy Thangsgiving! smile

J- 

• Posted

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. Hope you have a really good day.  x
    • Posted

Have a great day, Misti!  I'm grateful for all of your support.  My best wishes to your friend.  I hope she's having a better time of it.

Take good care,

J- 

• Posted

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate and those who don't, celebrate with us. Here's to a migraine free day! That would be a first in about 20 years, but one can only pray🙏

• Posted

Betsy...Amen to that!  I wish for you, a migraine-free day!!!

J-

• Posted

Same to you ! I just have learned to pass up most of the holiday meals (string bean casserole is a thing of the past☺️)I am also grateful for everyone who shares their experiences and try to help each other .
    • Posted

I give you a LOT of credit, Jane!  Thanksgiving is a tough challenge for many of us....I am quite motivated right now, to keep the sodium low, but still....it su##s! LOL!!!  Well...there's great comfort in knowing that we have each other for support.

Take good care,

J-

• Posted

What all do you do to keep the sodium down how do you keep track of it?
    • Posted

No more butter-injected or brine soaked turkey;  Just oven baked au naturel.  The meat is quite low sodium.  Switching from  from casseroles to the veggies in their natural form, helps a lot:  sweet potatoes, white potatoes, green beans etc....Rolls...Haven't conquered the stuffing, so just a little bit of that, and making it in a separate casserole dish helps..  There are lots of recipe online for low sodium pumpkin desserts that are very good!  The closer anything is to its natural state, the lower the salt.  It's the processed food that's loaded with sodium!  Still...it's a challenge!!!  But there are ways to make it not so over-the-top!!  Hope that helps!

J-

• Posted

Thanks I been trying to figure out how to keep count on how much I'm eating I told the doctor it was the hardest thing cause everything has salt in it I never add any cooking or at the table. And chocolate was the hardest for me to give up caffeine wasn't a big deal I do miss a cup of coffee every morning

• Posted

I have found that if I eat fresh, not processed food, and i don't add salt from the shaker, that it's pretty easy to stay at 1500mg or under.  I'm not chocolate crazy, but the coffee was a tough one to conquer psychologically!!!  I sooo loved that kick!! But I've made my peace with decaf! (As boring as it is! LOL!). There are many sodium guides online....Browse them for a while and you get a good sense of what foods to avoid and what's pretty safe, in terms of salt.  You're never going to go 100% sodium free, because you're right...it's in everything!  And we need a bit to stay healthy.  But you can keep it below 1500mg without too much pain...even 2000 mg works for a lot of people....It all depends upon how sever your MD is, and how sensitive you are.  If only there were a single answer for all of us, but it's a matter of trial and error for everyone.  Stay safe!

Take good care,

J-

• Posted

Yeah I have some decaf but you right it's just not the same lol. And I love chocolate even now I grave it sometime but when I do I take just enough to taste and it works.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.