Hard bony lump on the back of my skull? What could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have a hard bony lump on the back of my skull. There is no pain why I touch it. It is just above that little groove on the back of your head. It is quite hard to describe as my hair covers it. it feels like a knuckle when touched. I know it's prob nothing, but I just want to know what it could be and should I see a doctor. I am a male.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Matthew,

Sorry its it's taken a while to reply. You are right that your lump is possibly nothing and people can 'Google' symptoms until the cows come home ... the best person to respond to you and your lump is your GP. I know head infections spread quickly and so, whatever this is, please make an appointment TODAY and get it checked out quickly.

Best wishes, Joanne

• Posted

Hi, just read this.. my son has the same.. Did you find out what it was?

thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.