Hard painful muscles

Posted , 5 users are following.

my muscles are hard and painful. At first I thought this was related to herniated discs and trapped nerves but now I am not so sure. The physio states that my muscles react very well to trigger therapy and massage but on my next visit, the muscles are stone hard again. This condition is all over my body affecting mostly large muscle groups and sometimes it prevents me from walking, turning my head, moving my arms properly. Any ideas?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Granny56

How active is your lifestyle? I have a muscle wasting problem on my back and becuase I lead an active life there are other parts of my body where muscle has grown, particular on my calfs...they are frequently tight! And any time I try to massage any muscle it causes pain...but the only way I've been able to get by is having heat applied (hot baths are a good one), massage and streatching. Did the physio give you any stretches to do? I have to stretch every day I tighten up so quickly...no idea of of the cause of all this but I have discovered I am high maintiance now ha!

• Posted

I was wondering if your muscles are still tense and painful. Lately I am also having problems with aching and tense muscles.   

Just wanted to let you know that these symptoms can sometimes be caused by a lack of Magnesium.

Magnesium can be taken as a mineral supplement. It is also well absorbed through the skin, e.g. on can apply 'Magnesium Oil' a saturated solution of Magnesium Chloride Hexahydrate.

• Posted

start with having a full electrolytes panel done, ast, alt and ck blood test. then if anything abnormal ask for an emg to be done, when i think of hard painful muscles it makes me think of elavted ck or a type of myotonic disorder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.