hard swollen lymph nodes the size of a fingertip with a cold for about 4 weeks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started with a little bump i felt in my right groin and it got to be the size of my fingertip and it has been there for probably 4 months. Then I started to feel two more on the left side of my groin about two months ago. I am assuming they are swollen lymph nodes. And about a month ago I felt one that is very moveable in the left side of my neck. About a month ago i developed a cold and it has not gone away. I am very nervous this is cancer can someone please help me!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I would definitely consult with your doctor, experienced a very similar situation however my swollen lymph nodes were located under my armpit and behind my jaw and neck. I ended up having a severe case of Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) nearly a year-and-a-half since diagnosis the size of my lymph nodes has fluctuated and I have undergone multiple Trials of blood work chest x-rays and ultrasounds all of which came back clear. I found my biggest problem was worrying too much, obviously that's not the case for everyone however I am very health conscious but not overboard: I smoke cannabis daily and drink often (obviously not recommended for anyone undergoing any sort of immune issue), Besides that I am a successful and actively fit young adult. Again consult your doctor and take the proper steps of getting checked out. It's worth the peace of mind. Best of luck and keep us posted!

• Posted

Swollen lymph nodes doesn't automatically mean cancer. There are several causes of swollen lymph nodes. Glands can also swell following an injury, such as a cut or bite, near the gland or when a tumor or infection occurs in the mouth, head, or neck. Glands in the armpit (axillary lymph nodes) may swell from an injury or infection to the arm or hand. A rare cause of axillary swelling may be breast cancer or lymphoma.. Lymph nodes play an important part in the body's defense against infection. Swelling might occur even if the infection is trivial or not apparent. Swelling of lymph nodes generally results from localized or systemic infection, abscess formation, or malignancy. Common areas where the lymph nodes can be felt include the groin area, armpit, the neck, under the jaw and chin, behind the ears, and below the occiput (prominence on the back of the head). As a rule, when swelling appears suddenly and is painful, it is usually caused by injury or an infection. Enlargement that comes on gradually and painlessly may result from malignancy or tumor. Hope this helps!

• Posted

thank you for your help. but the nodes grew and have not changed size in a while. they are about the size of my finger print. they do not hurt.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.