Hard to Breathe and Scared to Sleep at Night

Posted , 6 users are following.

All week can't sleep properly and all week can't breathe. Feel presure in my throat always feel like wana clear it!!!  Had a panick attack 3 days ago had a ambulance over they said it's just a panick attack but i can't breathe properly! Help!!!!

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Ive had this for years! Feels like u got something stuck in ur throat! I suffer from anxiety and when you have a panic attack the muscles in your throat play up and give u this lump feeling! Try not to think bout it 
    • Posted

Hey Kevin thanks for support..but the thing is i cant breathe for a 3 day...and thats only reason i panic. Im scared there is something with me. Im scared to sleep at night couse i feel like i will never wake up..even now while im texting i just wana call an ambulance.

• Posted

Trust me ive been there this is what panic attacks do! Drink a nice cold drink or suck on a ice lolly that helped me as strange as it sounds
    • Posted

Alex.I feel just the same very often,and you know what,even though I am scared and also want to call an ambulance,I still wake up each morning!

i have suffered with panic attacks for years and they are very scary.If possible go to your dr in the morning and ask for something like a beta blocker (propanolol)which does help.x

Breathe in and count to five and then exhale through your mouth and count to five.Do this about half a dozen tines.It helps a bit.

• Posted

Oxazepam is a wonder drug for panic attacks aswell as diazepam
  • Posted

Guys thanks for ur support im just very scared to stop breathing i feel very bad today..i dont think breathing should be affected all day non stop. And my heart is beating very loudly i can feel a pulse in my throat...sorry for my english couse its not my first language.. 
    • Posted

This is what panic attacks do m8! They cant hurt u just a nasty feeling! Ive been off work all last week with constant panic attacks they can last days 
    • Posted

Believe me or not it appear to be anxierty and yes, it can act on you all day long.  I have lack of air, pressure on my chest and light headed basicaly 24/7.  It is starting to get slightly better specially the light headed with this new medication I started 2 weeks ago which is not exactly for anxiety.  But for sure you just can't lay back and say this is anxiety so your best option is to check with your Doc to see what test they can run on you so you know for a fact is not for real and maybe that way relax a little and let it go.
    • Posted

My breathing is affected all day non stop, im scared too swallow food incase i choke, when i do eat im allways clearing my throat & my throat goes really tight, im all fatigued, i cant sleep for the breathing which is making me worse im on day 5 of not sleeping.

• Posted

I'm having the same problem now and I don't get panic attacks ever ?? How does it stop !!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.