harrishill

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, My PV is under control right now. I am also happy to see fall coming in California. I have been sweating long enough. I walk every day, and it is so very nice when we have cool mornings. My arthritis has been giving some problems, but I started taking my tumeric capsuls as an anti-inflammatory. Don;t want to take any drugs that may interfere with my Hydroxyurea.

harrishill

1 like, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello 

I too sweat soooooo much i get so annoyed by it all. I live in PA and really look forward to fall also. I have foot pain that feels like my foot is on fire. it comes and goes so i guess that is part of this affliction? i was only diagnosed this year. i am 6

i am told i do not have cancer but the more  i read i wonder. ??? i feel  tired and unmotivated most of the time. Is that part of this too?  My Dr seems to think i am ok getting blood work every 3 weeks and so far i have not had to have blood taken since August. 

I am sad too . Is that part of this affliction? 

Thank you 

• Posted

That should read i am 65
  • Posted

Hi Vicki, sweating is definitely a part of PV. I've not had foot burning. Some say burning feet is part of diabetes. Every time I clean or vacuum, my head sweats. However, I notice it is much worse if the house is hot. I can go for an hour walk, and not sweat if it is cool. I have to say I believe I just can;t take the heat. My haematologist usually asks if I have night sweats, but I don;t have them since I've been on Hydroxyurea. I know some people call PV cancer. From all my research, I have learned we can live 10, 20, or 30 years after being diagnosed.I have a high red blood count. If and when I get a blood count that is too low, then I will call it cancer. I've read that PV can turn to cancer, but isn't cancer before that. Have a very nice day.

harrishill

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.