has anybody had pain fatigue on good hip?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am feeling like my good hip is taking a beating and it is tired and achy.  Has anybody had this happen and does it get better when bad hip is replaced?

A bit worried~

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi again Beth

yes, I had pain in both my other hip and knee but x-Ray showed there was no arthritis in them - the pain is from the strain you put on them by walking so badly in order to minimise the pressure on your bad hip. This too will disappear after the op.

Rosie

• Posted

I had pain in the healthy hip, my back and my knee...all gone after the op!

All the best!

Ella

• Posted

Yes I am getting this, occasionally the left hip feels as if wants to give way, it 12 weeks for my right hip and sometime in sept/oct I will be getting the left hip done xx
  • Posted

Yes Beth mine did play up, X-ray shows early changes but surgeon said could be years left in it!!

Since my new right hip a month ago I've had the odd twinge but all up its improving.

All the best 🌈💌🌈💌

• Posted

...thanks again im meant to tune in today I think,   ive had the other hip twingy this week and  blowing it up that it needs replacing too,  ALSO  left knee twinging so wondering if this needs x raying     i couldnt wait until i get my ope date and op done if it contnues  or    is this quite a regular thing to happen

px

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.