Has anyone experienced heart attack symptoms after having an ablation?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am very worried because I've been experiencing shortness of breath and a feeling of tightness in the center of my chest for over a week now.

It's been 3 weeks since my ablation. I should be feeling better by now, but instead I'm dealing with an onset of all new symptoms. I'm afraid something else is wrong... Perhaps a blockage or heart attack? I have an appointment with my Dr early next week. They told me to go to the ER if my symptoms get worse before my appt.

At first, I thought what I was feeling was due to the after effects of the ablation procedure, but now I'm not so sure.

Anybody else experience anything similar after having an ablation?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judy, I had these symptoms. I think it was a side affect from the ablation at the start and then was a symptom of anxiety and just gradually went
  • Posted

I've talked to many who have had ablations and yes, it is.

I just had one 2 weeks ago and I've been experiencing SOB, arm pain/ discomfort, chest pains, and all irregular rythms are twice as bad.

I had open heart surgery at 15 and don't feel this bad afterwards. Lol

Yesterday was very bad day for me and today nothing!!!

I've been told it could take days, weeks, months, or even a year until we know if it was successful. Let your doctor know when you go back for a checkup and if your really unsure call their office tomorrow and tell them.

Stay Cool and don't loose hope!!! 😊

• Posted

Judy  - Hope you are feeling better now but if not don't worry  - after ablation I was very raw and sore insides for weeks.   I get the same after episodes of AF. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.