has anyone experienced lip trembling?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has any of you guys experienced lip trembling? When I have big smile and lock my face mucle, my corner of my right lip wouldnt tremble, but if I do not lock my smile tight, It would. Is it some kind of symptoms of MS? Can anyone please tell me?

I have been having twitching on the left nose and left under eye, but it just goes from the left to the right lip corner.....Can someone help me please! 

much appreaciate!!!

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, yes I get it in the middle and up to my nose, its recent and new, I've had eye twitches fir years but the Lip is new, it starts as a bussing sensation in a line. I also get strange mouth sensations recently. U just stick another box as my Dr really doesn't give a damn.

• Posted

Hi Bic, sorry to hear you have such irresponsible doctor. Maybe you can ge thim to refer you to a neurologist? The corner of my right lip doesnt tremble when i do not smile, it does it only when I smile. I dont know if i should worry about it....
    • Posted

Hi I'm waiting a follow up neuro she wouldnt chase, sorry I just got annoyed with my Dr. The mouth thing cane after my appt where sge was dismissive of everything. Good luck

• Posted

Hi!

Im 52y/o and I was Dx'd with MS in 2013...looking back, I probably had it for years!

if I were not on my arsenal of MS related Meds, I would be shaky all over!!

always visit your Doctor, see a Neurologist, be your OWN advocate! Continue to research like you are doing and I wish you well.

i fired ( yes fired ) my first two neurologist! 

I love, love my current one!!!

• Posted

Hi. I have lip and chin trembling also. I am newly diagnosed with MS . I have tremors in both hands along with other issues. My neurologist says yes this is something that MS patients he sees have had.
    • Posted

Hi Blender 00, would you mind me asking what other symptoms are you experiencing? and what made you think you had MS at the beginning?

My lip corner only trembles when i smile and do not lock tight; it doesnt tremble when I talk to laugh. Is it what's happening to you as well?

DO your symptoms occur at the same time or one would come before another dissapears? 

Thank you.

• Posted

Hello again. My symptoms started in 2013 after fainting in my bathroom. Next day I went to ER.. stupid I know I should have went ASAP. Anyway . The next day I was dizzy and unbalanced. Heart rate dropped to 34 . Had all sorts of test. Nothing came back except low B12 and vertigo . Went to PT and vision got worse but I fixed the B 12 farely quickly. I never felt my normal again. Symptoms for next year were , vertigo, nausea, bowel changes,neck,feet,shoulder and leg pain, skin rashes , fatigue. Neurologist found cervical syrinx,thoracic syrinx, two cervical lesions and C5 C6 disc degeneration. Had ACDF surgery in 2014. Felt pretty good for two months. In July 2014 had major collapse. Could not walk or lift my arms. Had more test for Lupus ,Lyme disease ect. ect. No positive results. Neurologist said no MS , no brain lesions. Symptoms get more frequent ,lasted longer. Fired her when she told me I was stressed out and nothing else. This is getting long winded and I have read so many people say to be your own advocate. Thank goodness for these sites. Third Neurologist gave a care and has helped me pursue my symptoms. MRI shows brain lesion now. Spinal tap and visual evoked potential results led to my diagnosis. My tremors in my face and hands go hand in hand. Sometimes later in the day they will almost subside. I wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi, its so unfair isn't it when you have e to wait or fight for diagnosis. I find stress brings it on too and in uk all the disabled have been put through hell and lost disability help. I forgot that I've been getting the shakes in my hands. My sister had the shakes on and off but really bad, mibe is mild. Yes getting overtired or alcohol can bring it on, an orthotist dsud its because it relaxes you l. Good luck to you too.

• Posted

I just asked about this, sort of, feels very strange!
    • Posted

Me ? Yes I've been diagnosed and my mum but my sisters not, one has lesions and has had a lot of alive problems the other died two years ago she had neurological problems and other health issues.

• Posted

How did you find out you might have MS? What symptoms did you experience. 

All my symptoms seems to be related to my braces at the beginning. I had my braces tighten up and then my eye and nose on the side started to twtich. Now they are still twitching. And them I felt weird sensation in my right leg, like pin and needle...but not quite. sometimes I do feel pin and needles, I felt a little bit tight with my legs.

And then last night when I ran my finger through my right arm, my skin felt tender and sensitive...I heard this is what called somatic pain...and people with MS would experience this kind of pain. However, I do not feel overwhelming fatige, no vision problem (I dont have good eye sight to begin with so vision might not be a good thing to relate to, my prescriptions are -5.5 and-6.0). and I dont have bladder problem, I could go pee easily and I know when to go pee. and no dizziness..

• Posted

I have had back problems since I was 18 probably after car accident. I got hip problems that came and went then I had another cat accident and my leg started to drag, I got numbness in my hands but my Dr said it was due to my job with children then I got involuntary movement in my fingers, I was seeing an orthopaedic consultant and i asked if I could have ms, he said thsts why we're referring you to a physician (turns out to be neuro) it wasn't an easy diagnosis the neuro was quite nasty but after tests I hit diagnosed. I think it's a case ofyou KNOW if you know what I mean.

• Posted

did you experience any pain or bladder problem just like what Dr. Google said. I been on Google a lot and google says  typical MS would involve bladder, fatigue, vision and all that...
    • Posted

Sorry one more thing, were those remblings and involuntary movement confined to only one side of the body (either left or right) or both sides?
    • Posted

You don't get ALL symptoms at once. I've never had vision stuff only dry eyes a symptom of arthritis or possibly fibro. I hot severe fatigue just after diagnosis I think, I get fatigue now and can cause it if I accidentally have a soars etc. I get intermittent dumpy if fingers moving right mostly but left hand too and toes and ankle and shoulder jerks forward and my jaw also 'drops' I've cracked teeth and have fillings and broken them too. My muscles sometimes move gently like squeezing, a mild spasm I expect. All sorts of things really. It all comes and goes. I don't report every symptom unless I think it ISN'T ms. They don't really care I don't think Dr's.

• Posted

Oh I forgot...drop foot means that ...it's dropped do no I don't think you coukd lift it. Buy Google it. And I've got a plastic brace because my whole foot wants to do the impossible sometimes.

• Posted

oh i see. But do you feel constant fatigue or just once in a while? WHat is something that you can constantly feel as a MS symptom?
    • Posted

Fatigue isn't constant and you have to learn to pace yourself. I have so many things, I think constant buzzing in my right leg, its like a vibrating mobile phone, hot and cokd sensations and patches if dumbness. Things cone and go. Neuralgia us another and tinnitus, its feeling like a hypochondriac that's the constant :-( choking, always having to know where the loo is. Sorry I can't be helpful. My daughter is waiting for a neuro appt so check your family history. It's not supposed to be hereditary but it runs in families

• Posted

YOu have been so helful!!!!

For the trembling and senstion and involuntary movments that you have, do they just happen to one leg or both legs?

• Posted

Both but mostly my right, I call it my bad leg. I get nerve pain too, its like aaah and I nearly go diwn. The other thing is stabbing sharp pain, I bet you get them, it can be any where, that I call hit needle ..got needle in the eye pain. In your rib, in your 'bits' but you know we have a sense if humour, I do laugh even in pain at some of the 'silliness' itsije I said "the weird & the wonderful " giid luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.