Straight to the doctor to have it checked, I am getting a lot of things

I am attributing to hemochromatosis & venesection,

But it might be nothing to do with it ,so I either go to my GP or phone

The hemochromatosis society for advice.

Cheers philx

• Posted

Thank you philx

I will phone the haemochromotosis soceity for advice

As I've got a normal cold & have been to my GP but she had said the shaking wasn't linked to the cold & said if it carried on tonight to go the hospital

But I don't see it as an emergency

Hope your doing well with your treatment

Thank you

Rachel

• Edited

Hi Brummiegirl

Yes, I get shaking throughout my body.  It feels like I am vibrating from deep inside my body, a very wierd sensation.  I have noticed that it seems to happen when I have been in one position for a long time, mostly when I am travelling on long journeys.  The vibrating lasts for several hours afterwards.

I also get tingling in feet, legs and hands, not constant but intermittently.  I am wondering if the damage to the bones, joints from iron overload is the cause.  My doctor is currently investigating the cause. 

I hope you manage to get it sorted out.

Marie

• Posted

Hi Marie ,

That sounds exactly what I'm getting

It's very frustrating ESP when you can't control it

I've got my hospital appointment first week in December so hopefully I'll find out a lot more

With all my symptoms to see if they are all to do with the HM

The shaking you've described is exactly how it feels & I get it all over

I can't even keep my hands still .

I hope you get yours sorted soon as know how it can affect you

Good luck & thank you

• Posted

Yes, It is a known side effect. Also anyone can shake if their electrolytes are out of whack try hydrolyte or electrolyte drinks to see if that helps. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.