Has anyone gone straight in to a boot due to having both achilles ruptured

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm waiting for surgery on my right achilles hopefully in the next 2-3 weeks. My achilles is completely away (2cm) from my calf muscle and 2 more ruptures at the ankle.

I'm wondering about WB as my surgeon said I will have to do but as little as possible but never said how etc.

I have ruptures in both achilles.

I have more pain in my left ankle but they've have deemed my right leg needs the surgery the most so WB is a must. I've had sleepless nights worrying about how I'm going to get around.

Please someone tell me I'm going to be OK.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hate to say this Denise but this is going to be very tricky. I had Achilles' tendon surgery last Tuesday and have been put in a non weight bearing cast. I literally have to spend the whole day sitting down with the leg elevated as the pain when I try to lower my operated leg is unbearable. I don't know what to advise as I'm pulling my hair out myself less than a week in! I was 5 weeks in a cast and boot prior to the op however as was told it would heal without he operation but it didnt

• Posted

Denise you will definitely be ok! Post surgery just make sure you do as your doctor says. However you will experience burning and sensitivity when anything touches it. You will definitely not be able to drive for a while, but ultimately you will be fine.
  • Posted

Good luck I am out of boot 3 days now. The first 2 weeks were toughest no weight bearing at all and psychologically it's tough time I ever had but this blog helped. Both Achilles gone wow just definitely elevate as much as you can stay busy and the time will go by. Day 21 started therapy back to work day 23 and by day 45 out of boot and driving. Gets better with each passing day. I am also back at gym riding stationary bike not bad for a 48 year old out of shape guy. Stay busy you'll be fine unlike myself I became nocturnal very anxious but of course back to normal now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.