Has anyone got eczema after breast surgery

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 65 year old woman who had a breast reduction January last year, the operation went well,

However a couple of weeks after the operation I developed a small red patch on my nipple area of

Left breast, this has slowly spread to the whole nipple area which breaks out in blisters and then

Weeps, I have seen dermatologists private and NHS, who have said it is eczema and prescribed various creams, at the moment I am using betnovate ointment which does after a week clears the blister but as soon as I stop using it they are back within two days, I also now have patches on different parts of my body which is different to my breast in so much as they don't blister or weep but are red and

Itchy, I also use betnovate on these areas, and moisturise every day. I have had a patch test which no allergies showed up, I do get beside my self with the itch sometimes there is no let up from it as it breaks out in so many different areas even just one small spot will appear it itch like mad. I have always had good skin never as a child did I have eczema, no spots as a teenager, there doesn't seem no rhyme or reason to getting it know. Can anyone help or have any ideas to what I can try

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Has there been any updates on this im experiencing the same thing.
  • Posted

Yea it's understand eczema is a stress and that could be why it's appeared I've had my for 49 years it's knowing how to relax weather changes it too if it's hot or cold you could try health shops but as you been to dermatologist they seem to know best join a growing the like this read up on it good luck
  • Posted

Hello - I just came across your post, I realize it was from a long time ago, but hopefully you are still on this site! 

I had the exact same reactions as you post breast reduction surgery!! In fact- almost 15 years later, I am still dealing with weepiness and itchiness. 

I'm wondering if you have had any luck with any solutions? Would love to discuss further. My email

Moderator comment: I have removed the email address as we do not publish these in the forums. If users wish to exchange contact details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hey! Ok, me too. I’m 27 and I had my surgery about 3 years ago now? Ugh. It’s so uncomfortable!!! Has anyone talked to their Dr? My surgeon looked at it soon after my surgery and just said, “I didn’t cause that.” Sort of annoying. Next dr said that it could be a yeast infection, but I know it’s not. It was clear for a while and then I wore those sticky nipple covers, and boom, it was back! Let me know if you’ve found something to help. I have a cream from Korea my uncle has sent me (he’s a dr) for my egczema in general, and I’m hoping if I am more consistent it will help. ??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.