Has anyone had a sub talur fusion?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've posted once before about my accident which dislocated my right ankle last year ...Well, I went to doctor Friday and physician gave me steroids, pain meds, and put me in boot. Wants me to follow up Monday with surgeon bc he says it doesn't appear my recent surgery worked and mentioned may have to have subtalur fusion. Any advice for someone who's been through it is appreciated.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had that fusion done I'm 4 weeks post op having problems with swelling at the min hopefully I'll be pain free once fully recovered and it's only a 3 hour op apparantly but mine took 6 due to cutting through previous scar tissue

• Posted

Dude, ive always had awesome pain tolerance but when told docs not rite, they flogged me off.. time time time they say, CTSCAN at 9months and not fused, now trying blame tobacco and occasional illicit drug use!! Well, Maybe but if you had listened 5months ago we might not need to try pass the blame game so??? Now waiting on op to take out top screw to allow tibia to drop further
  • Posted

Hi I had a subtalar fusion 18 mths ago I'm still in pain all the time. The fusion worked. But still pain. 

i saw my surgeon yesterday and had MRI and it show that the peronei.tendon is in the wrong place doesn't normally cause pain but I'm one of these that if it can go wrong it does.. My foot still swells too

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.