Has anyone had Painful spasms during angiogram

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi X had angiogram done today as I have been having chest pressure and pain, but during the procedure while they were checking left side of heart I had painful spasms in my right arm travelling up to my neck, very uncomfortable, they had to give me two lots of sedation and a few nitrate injections, afterwards they didn't say anything about the spasms but have put me on medication to try for a month to see if the chest pain goes if not they will put in a stent!?! Has anyone else had these spasms during angiogram or does anyone know why this happens xx

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sorry you went through that ordeal,  i had an angiogram in 2006, i had chest pain during the procedure but when i complained about it the doc just said some people do have this pain.

It just felt like i was having a heart attack,cry i know because that was the reason i was there.

My BP dropped so after i had to have a drip up to stabalise it i will never have one again!,

• Posted

Thank you for replying. It was quite scary when it happened and no one said anything about it to me, which is annoying!! I am not looking forward to going back in to hospital in a month to most probably having another angiogram and a stent!
    • Posted

Hope things go ok for you and i would mention your fear to them and tell how it has frightened you,

The best of luck !! would be nice if you could tell how you got on.wink xxx

• Posted

Well it's been two days after my angiogram and I really don't feel well, lots of chest pressure, very tired, my wrist is very bruised and a tender but my headache has gone! When will I feel the benefit of the medication, why am I still having chest pressure! What do I do??? Really not happy, do I ring Drs, or the cardiac day unit just to see if this is normal or what!?!?! 
    • Posted

Sorry your not feelin well, if your having chest pain you should get medical attention, you said it's pressure? i dont know what that is? why are they thinking of putting a stent in have they said you have a narrowed artery?.

I would call the doc if your not feeling anybetter,hope your ok?( hugs) .

• Posted

Hi Julie xx yes still having chest pressure, which feels like a squeeze/pushing pain, like someone is pushing the centre of my chest with some shots of pain, plus I'm more breathless too. The angiogram showed that my RCA (right coronary artery) is narrowed/furred, so they are trying medication first for a month to see if that helps before putting a stent in, that's as much as I know, I am thinking of ringing Drs, just to see if I should still be feeling like this, plus can I go back to work etc, was told can't drive for a week and to take things easy!!!!! That's it!! 
  • Posted

Hope you get things sorted out as i know it's frightening when it's your heart, i had an angina attack at 5.30am it woke me up!.

I am ok now just tired.

Keep us updated and sending hugs!

• Posted

Hi Julie, sorry its been a while, i had a stent put in on tuesday of this week, as the medication hadnt worked, It wasnt a nice procedure, had quite a bit of chest discomfort, i believe it was because of the weird angle, position of my right coronary artery, It bends quite a bit ??, anyway, its been three days since the stent insertion and I still am having chest pain and am breathless when doing things and just talking, not sure what to do??, maybe wait till monday and if I still feel the same then I will ring my Cardiologist to see if this is normal.? Hope your feeling well. x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.