Has anyone had success with natural remedies?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I like many of you have had side effects from the meds that doctors are trying to lower BP, I would love to find a reliable natural treatment

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

After many years trying to control my hypertension with diet without success, I recently discovered an old Indian herb. It works wonders for me. The name of the herb is Rauwolfia Serpentina. I am not saying it will work for you...We are all different and our Hypertension are caused by different things. Doctors did all tests on me and everything was fine, I eat clean and I have a perfect weight for my height with perfect BMI. I excercise a lot. I knew that my BP has to do with nerves or adrenaline glands even though the doctors just said it's essential BP with no known causes. Don't try this remedy while on drugs. Please involve your Doctor before trying anything.

• Posted

SBO...You're so right!!!! 

There has been a forum lately (not on here) whereby some medical professional has said that he wishes physicians would study hypertension more before they prescribed medications to lower it. He went on to say, that the rise in bp is caused by something going on in the body...it just doesn't rise for no reason. Yes, he was referring to the term "Essential Hypertension". He also went on to say that they should conduct an investigation as to what's going on..treat that (IF they find something), & that would very likely eliminate the necessity for someone to take bp lowering medications. I've often wondered about medicine...we seem to treat the problem,not the cause. We take anti-inflammatories to lower the inflamation, but to me, the cause of the inflamation should be treated. If someone is smoking...& a fire results each time., why do we keep putting out the fire? Stop the person from smoking!!!! Get my point???

• Posted

Hello there are these in tablet form the Indian herb??
    • Posted

Yes you do find the herb in tablet form. I am in South Africa and but it from a local pharmacy under natural products
    • Posted

Thank you for letting me know, I have a very similar history to you. I am an active female ( gym 3-4x week) I eat well, mostly organic and rarely fast food but i do have a family history of high BP. I just seem to react to every drug they've tried I'm trying to find a way to deal naturally with this. I have been taking Hawthorn Root Tincture and I'm having fairly good results from that.

Thanks for your imput

• Posted

Hi darlene88042...I would suspect a lot of people have experienced some kind of side effect from whatever bp med they may be taking. Some don't experience any side effects at all, while others live in a hell with them. Every person is different.

I know a few people who don't have any problems at all with Amlodipine (Norvasc), yet I know some who can't take it at all. 

Not all meds react with people in the same way. It's best to find one that's right for you..through your doctor. If natural remedies were extremely reliable at reducing high bp, then the pharmaceutical companies would go out of business. Remember  too, that because it's 'natural',doesn't mean it's safe.

• Posted

Hi Darline and all..

You will note that a previous post by me has been deemed unsuitable by the modorators and deleted. I am using a natural Food Supplyment that has medical evidence to back up the claims and has reduced ny BP from 132 over 77 to 125 over 75 in two months. I now intend to start reducing my medication and hopfully the side effects

I can give you the website address if you are interested but you will have to email me on karl at karlgarcedesign dot co.dot uk. I am not selling the produce you can do your own resurch and buy it direct from the company if you decide to do so. All I can say itis working for me and 2 other friend of mine.  

• Posted

My wfe's bp was always on the high side (140-160/80-100) eventhough on medication of losartan potassium/COZAAR 100mg

2 months ago she started drinking lettuce juice not less than 3 times a day around 250ml each time

This seems to work for her as her bp now is 100-120/70-90

As the saying goes, one's medicine/food is another person's poison

But its quite save to have a go at this :-) nothing venture nothing gain :-)

• Posted

papaloubna...good for her..but I often wonder about this sort of thing.

What if you want to travel...how could you possibly carry lettuce juice with you. 

• Posted

Was your wife diagnosed with essensial Hypertension? Could it be she has Hypertension related to diet lifestyle? I am glad the Lettuce juice worked for her
  • Posted

Dear SBO, wrong dietery lifestyle i believe is the the root cause of most health problems. My wife was diagnosed having high bp ten years ago and is still taking medications. The doctor didn't say what type of hypertensionsion hers was. By the way what is essential hpertension?

• Posted

There are many causes of hypertension. Mine is hereditary both parents had it, I am 53 125 lbs I go to the gym 4 x weekly, eat a mostly organic diet i don't smoke and I've been doing this since I was 25 and told that I'm am genetically prone to HP, still I have to be on medication to control, some things are just out of our hands. I have been told that 135/80 is a good blood pressure reading these days, it is said that you do not have to be 120/70 as previously thought.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.