Has anyone heard o had cystectomy of batholini's gland

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everybody. Please read to the end.

I have bartholini cyst for about 11 years now, 3 cysts in the first 2 years, no cyst for almost 5 years. I have a marzupalization in 2013.

Cyst came back in 2014.

I saw lots of gynecologist during 11 years (military)

Most of the gynecologist in the US recomended a removal of my gland, procedure that I refused, but after 2014, when finally decided to do it my new gynecologist advise me no to do it, she say have a second marzupalization, i agree, I was just waiting for the cyst to get big, and it happen, just for memorial day, when my doctor wasn't working, so I lost the chance for a second marzupalization, I also asked for and ultrasound and it shows a cyst in my gland, now my gynecologist wants me to do the removal of the gland, why?

I wait 2 month to get a new ginecologist for a second opinion, this doctor supposed to be great doctor, but no my type, I want a doctor that care about you, that wants to help you and do the best for you. August 2nd I saw new doctor and he didn't ask for medical records, and says: when it gets infected and big, come here, we will take care of it, and turn back to the door, I have to talk to him and say hey, who is going to take care of it? He was in a hurry, we didn't expend 5 minutes together, maybe I'm picky but Is my vagina he will be taking care, and I didn't feel like he will take care of.

Any ways, I was looking and looking for other solutions online, trying to avoid the removal of the gland, but this time in Spanish, and found out a procedure that is made only when marzupalization don't work, the procedure is call quistectomia (cystectomy of batholini's gland) I'm very excited, the only problem is, if US made this kind of procedure.

Does anyone had heard about it? The video is in YouTube, it shows how they remove the hole cyst. Dr. Antonio Limay Rios do the procedure and is call quistectomia en la glandula bartolino, just in case you are interested.

Thank you.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

If the cyst is being removed...I am guessing the gland is going with it...same surgery...just a different name. The cyst is in the gland. After all the probs you have had...i...as a patient (had both glands removed in February) and a nurse...would suggest you find a doctor you are comfortable with and come up with a plan that works for you. I went to three doctors and all are very good but was most comfortable with one of them. He presented the same info as the others...and I took my time making the decision...and he was patient with all my questions. Happy with my decision and I am slowly back on my bike and back into running. Good luck to you!
    • Posted

sorry i want to ask you ....

is there any suffering after you removed the two glands?????????????

cuz my two glands are swollen.......

• Posted

My doctor performed what sounds like this same surgery on me, except she called it "excision of the bartholins cyst". Perhaps if you search that term you will find info in English and it may lead you to a doctor you can trust. I saw a number of doctors for mine as well, and while I liked some of the other this doctor clearly knew what she was doing and cared about my well being. My recovery was very, very quick (2 days, maybe), and the gland itself is still intact, but the entire cyst was removed.

• Posted

Thank you so much for your comment.

I was traslating the procedure to Engish and it come out as a cystectomy, but I wasn't sure if they do this type of surgery in USA, i was  planning a trip to Peru to do it, but i wanted to know if some one knew something about that, and thanks to this forum, I have more answers and hopes. Thank you Cyrah, I will ask all the ginecologist around here, if they do this surgery, thank yoy for the name, I hope I can get it as soom as posible. And please tell me, where did you get it done, and if you cyst had to be big?

Thank you so much.

PS, I am very glad for you....

smile 

• Posted

I'm glad I could help! My doctor is located in south eastern PA, if you are by any chance in that area. From what I read it is a difficult surgery because it is hard to remove all the parts of the cyst, so if it would be a reasonable trip for you to make, I'd definitely recommend her! (She is also a plastic surgeon and robotic surgeon- so she is very skilled!) Honestly I can't say enough how happy I was to find her and how great she was with everything.

My cyst was large when I went in to see her, but she gave me antibiotics to help reduce the swelling for a week leading up to my surgery, so I'm not sure how big it has to be. Either way, I'd recommend going to whichever doctor you choose as soon as it shows up, because it takes several days or more to get into surgery because blood work is needed beforehand and all that.

I'm not sure how yours progress, but mine usually showed up and were large within a day or two, although I've heard for some people it takes weeks or months.

One of the things I'm happy about with this surgery (aside from fast recovery and all that), although it definitely wasn't my main concern, is that it looks like nothing was done and I've found I'm producing more lubrication down there than I have since before I started getting bartholins cysts- definitely a nice bonus lol

• Posted

I live in NC, my BC gets big fast I think, they drain by itself every 3 to 4 days, but rarely gets infected, when it happen it gets like like a nut, but what annoy me now is that I'm having it for 2 month, goes big like a olive, and drain, and it continues, same happen last year, and I pleased my dr to lance it, she didn't want to, but it had pus, and finally healed for a year at least, now is the same and she doesn't wants to lance it, I'm seeing another dr in the next 2 weeks, to see if he at least know somebody to do the excision of the cyst, or go to PA. I can't live like that, no fisical activity, no sex life, and more with the idea of having my gland remove... I'm glad you are doing great, and your gland is getting productive, lol. But happy for you.

If I don't find any doctors here that I trust, would you please provide me with the name of your doctor? I'll happily go there for the surgery. Thank you again, have a great night.

Janet

• Posted

Good luck with your appointment! And in case it is suggested by other doctors, it shouldn't be lanced more than once. It will inevitably come back and build up more scar tissue which would make any type of surgical procedure harder. My doctor told me this, after a previous doctor lanced it three times... So definitely be careful with any doctors and try to get second opinions of possible. If you don't find anyone, let my know and I'll give you my doctors name and contact info! I know these are horrible and mess up so many areas of your life.

• Posted

Thank you Cyrah. Your doctor makes sense, I had so many cuts, I better wait.

Thank you again.

• Posted

My glandad removal is scheduled for September 26.
    • Posted

Are you happy with the excision of the gland? I'm 41, and I refuse the excision of my gland, I'm waiting for my cyst to get big, and get the excision of the cyst, no the gland, just the cyst.

Good luck to you, I wish you the best on your surgery, please tell us, how it goes.

Thanks.

• Posted

I'm 28 and the doctor thinks that if we remove the gland and the cyst, I won't have anymore issues. The cyst I have currently has been there for a year, pain-free, and is the size of a baseball.

I will post updates after my surgery.

• Posted

i am 22 

and i am so scared from the idea of excision 

cuz i heard that will cause suffering after getting married

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.