Has anyone 'suffered' in this way?

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband is always telling me to "SIT DOWN"!  I'm not usually up for more than 20 minutes or so, but then it comes (regardless of what I am doing).  He says he is not thinking of me, but himself (lovely!), says he doesn't like scraping me off the floor!!  I've fainted only twice in the last month.😏

This doesn't add up with rheumies, doctors, those who say "exercise, excercise".  Can't win can I?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Has anyone worked out WHY you need to be scarped off the floor? Is it while moving around or after standing for a while?

PS - how's your weather? We have the joy of a drive to Calais on Sunday/Monday...

• Posted

Standing - it's always been a bother to me.  Understandable when I was young - I had low blood pressure and bad circulation, now I have high blood pressure and, presumably, good circulation.  Such a nuisance, especially in a queue.  I try to avoid them as often as possible.

However, I'm beginning to believe my dear husband thinks I'm a dog!😀

Weather nasty at the moment, very cold, wet and windy - not even good for dogs!  Hope it improves before your trip.  Storms forecast for the next few days.

Enjoy England (in this weather)!?!  Presumably you are visiting though.

• Posted

No - funeral. SIL died just before xmas - takes until Jan 17th to get the job done! Other (slightly less close) members of the family will be here skiing - so we will do everything we can to get there.

You should keep moving - it is claimed even wriggling toes is enough to stop the process!

• Posted

Sorry you have to travel for such a reason.

That's the point - I DO keep moving, that's why my husband moans.

When standing I go up and down on toes, wiggle legs and feet - goodness knows what people behind me think!

I'm a bit weak at the moment because of the recent '........skopies'.

• Posted

In hospital yes, but they got blood under control before I was discharged.

It was a very strenuous two weeks!

• Posted

Update on weather.  It's b... awful now.  Lots of snow and very high winds throughout Germany.  Do you have to travel by car?  Flying would be best I think and hiring a car when you get there!

Good luck!

• Posted

It will have calmed down by Monday which is when we'll be driving past Koeln! The worst bits will be getting across the Alps anyway - and you have to do that to fly. If it's that bad we'll turn round and come home wink

• Posted

Definitely need to find out why you're fainting, as others have said. Regarding your husband, though, reminds me of mine. He is wonderful - takes care of me, never complains that I never want to go anywhere, etc. On the other side, though, sometimes I feel like he's infantilizing me. I am perfectly capable of taking my own dishes to the kitchen etc. I have to convince him that I can drive to the store alone. When I'm in really bad shape, I so appreciate all this, but when I'm feeling somewhat o.k., I resent him a little. I know he loves me and is afraid for me and wants to do everything he can. So, I let him know gently that I can do whatever and that it's good for me to move or do. Since he really does want what's good for me, that approach usually works. Best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.