Has anyone tried acupuncture for PF?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Podiatrist has been working on me for six months with no effect. Almost worse than before. Just starting physiotherapy but not confident in that either. Neighbour just had acupuncture for shoulder pain she's had for 2 years and worked after two treatments. 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi there, im about to try acupuncture this week for my p.f. the guy who does it recons he will cure me after a few sessions. Lol lets wait and see.
  • Posted

read my previos posts-

Read my prevoius posts. Accupunture relieved the pain for me. It was amazing but lasted only about 36 hours. I had a second treatment and it helped again but was limited to 24-36 hours.

It will help with pain but is not a definite cure. You need to do all the other things suggested in these posts.

BTW, a TENS unit does about the same thing in my experience.

• Posted

You have my sympathy, I know what this pain is like.  I've had it twice, once 20 years ago when it took 2 years to get better.  Then it came back about 3 years ago.  I tried everything, injections, physio, shoe inserts, night splint, you name it, I  tried it, it ruined my life.  When it was at its worst, I had to give up my job as I couldn't do the self defence necessary to keep it.  The agony aged me about 10 years and I couldn't even walk the dogs.  

Then I saw an article in the Daily Mail about a procedure where blood is taken from the arm, put through a centrifuge then the plasma is injected back into the affected heel.  This didn't work for me immediately but after about 8 months the pain started to go.  I'm not sure there is any real research information to prove this procedure works, but if it is offered to you, please try it.  You would have to wear a boot for about 2 weeks after the op and use crutches and be non weight-bearing but if your pain is as bad as mine then it is well worthwhile.  I still wear the insoles in my shoes and nearly always wear trainers, no heels for me.  Indoors I wear crocks.  I have now been pain free for about 2 years and never want to feel that pain again!

Good luck.

Glynis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.