Has anyone tried Sage?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,  Has anyone tried Sage tablets for hot flushes or night sweats?

One is Sage supplement, one a day 2,000mg.

Another is also one a day but 3,400 mg...

Any experiences as to how/if they work for you and the amount required, greatly appreciated.

On their various sites, most reviews sing the praises of these tablets!

Jane

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I tried Sage (I have spent a fortune, I try everything!) but it didn't work for me, but recently I have started Osteocare with magnesium,calcium,vit d3 & zinc & have found joints are less painful, hot flushes are less frequent & I'm sleeping a bit better & not so tired during the day.  Might be a good idea to get a small pck of the Sage & try them. They may work for you smile
  • Posted

I tried Sage, one tablet did nothing. With two I seemed to have SLIGHTLY fewer night sweats, but that was it!

A friend (a pharmacist) found with two sage tablets a day her hot flushes/night sweats dropped to a couple a week. Happy days!

Can't hurt to try them, good luck.

• Posted

Hi

Do you know when's best to take sage for night sweats? During day, with evening meal or before bed?

Maybe just trial and error, as with all these supplements.

Maybe a well known brand or just regular Sage tablets?

Thank you for replying

Jane

• Posted

Hi, do you know if they were "one a day " sage tablets twice a day or lesser strength ones?

I take "one a day" every morning, don't think it's making much difference yet, but we've just had some very hot weather in southeast UK, so tricky to tell!

I've tried menopace night but had to stop as my folic acid became too high.

Thank you. Jane

• Posted

I took one after breakfast and one in the evening. I don't know if that is best.
  • Posted

I had instant results with menopace, no flushes for about three months. But it suddenly became ineffective.
    • Posted

Debbie, which menopace?

As they no longer work, what are you trying instead?

Thank you. Jane

• Posted

Ah, sorry, it was menoforce, which is purely sage. I tried other things to no avail. I take menopace and magnesium with calcium as recommended, but never found anything else to help with the flushes. They have subsided naturally now. I just bought one of the cool pillows....wish I had it when the flushes were at their worst. Good luck! 
    • Posted

Hi Debbie are them pillows any good,only i was thinking of geting one,
    • Posted

Hi Jane Only just got it, but Its really good for the first while, enough to get me off to sleep feeling cool. Its a bit too flat for me. To be honest, this is a cheap one, but there are probably much better ones out there. Got it from one of those daily offer websites... You know the one. I was constantly turning my pillow over, so would now spend more money getting something of better quality, as it feels great.
    • Posted

Hi Debbie

Yes I take the same sage, one a day, not sure if working as has been so warm here since started taking. Tricky to gauge. Maybe a little!

I find I only get a hot sweat if nervy or have a moment of anxiety, then it passes. Luckily, unlike some other ladies, this and insomnia and anxiety are my only problems so far at 57...

I too take chelated magnesium at night to help sleep ( still not sure) but carry on anyway!

I find the best thing to help with sleep is a half dose of Benylin night coughs! Kalms also work for anxiety and maybe slight flushes.

When do you take menoforce and how much?

Which magnesium with calcium? Is the calcium supposed to help with menopause symptoms too?

Thanks. Jane

• Posted

I took menoforce once a day, usually early evening. I take a boots calcium and magnesium tab every evening. I had read here that magnesium helps you sleep. I am sleeping better, could be a coincidence? The menoforce is expensive compared to other sage tabs, dont know if it is a much higher dose? X
  • Posted

I have used sage leaves (available in the health food stores) to make a 'tea'. It's not a great taste but one or two cups a day certainly seems to help me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.