Has anyone with pcos conceived naturally?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I was diagnosed with pcos 6 years ago. I'm just wondering if anyone has managed to get pregnant? And what you did to help your pcos?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I suffer for pcos and have done for 16 years. Been tryi ng ro conceive amd renently have been put on fertility treatment. Start clomd in january. smile

I have metphormin 2 x 1000mg a day which regulated my period however i dont ovulate.

My gp is amazing.

Good luck

• Posted

Yes, twice ??

The first time was hard. I TTC for 8yrs before my DD was placed in my arms. I was 21 stone and went on a strict low GI diet. I went to gym 6x a week and walked 2hrs a day too. I also did an exercise class each week = lost 6½ stone in 11 months. I had to lose 8 stone for NHS IVF, but conceived naturally. I should mention that METFORMIN really helped! It has some terrible side effects if you eat fatty (diarrhoea) or sugary (headaches) foods.

The second time I wasn't on Metformin, it just happened naturally when my first child had just turned 1.

The healthy living changed my life. It restored good hormone levels so my periods/ovulation returned for the first time in 13 years!

I wish you well xxx

• Posted

I was having unprotected sex with a long term partner for three years before I got pregnant. About two years into that I was diagnosed with PCOS and put on Metformin, which helped regulate my cycle and hormones. I think it's thanks to the Metformin (regulated cycle and balanced hormones) that I got pregnant but I sadly had a miscarriage at 3 months. 

Before trying again I'm set on really getting on top of my weight through a healthy diet and a lot of excercise. My doctor has suggested 60 minutes a day of excercise to help me trim down, and as I lose the weight I should see improvements in my cycle and hormones which should result in making it easier to get pregnant and to have a healthy pregnancy. 

I generally eat very healthy but find it difficult to lose weight - I've spoken to my doctor about this and have been offered 12 free weeks at weight watchers to help get me on the right track. 

If you haven't already it really is worth speaking to your doctor about your concerns. 

Good luck x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.