Has anyones marriage sufferd due to virginal dryness

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I was suffering from vignal dryness and so was my marraige due to not being able to have intercourse with my great husband my hormones are all over the place and my husband is feeling neglected as there is not much going on in the bedroom scared of losing him help x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Susan, I've been there and done that.  And here's the bottom line.  They say that 50% of all menopausal women get into vaginal atrophy and dryness.  (I wonder if the other 50% just arent't talking about it)   However.......once this starts, it will never go away and only gets worse. No one has spontaneous reversal of this condition.  

There are many woman who suggest lube, coconut oil etc.  But our bodies are not suffering a lack of coconut oil.  Not saying some women don't see some help as it moistures the tissue.  But coconut oil doesn't create healthy tissue and cells.  

There are several estrogen compounds available that do.

What I can tell you is that if you do nothing, this will only get worse.  My sister was opposed to estrogen therapy, and now her tissue tears and bleed with any sex because her tissue is so thin.    There are women who have described pain with even walking because the tissue is so dry.  In addition we get UTIs, infections and bladder problems without supporting vaginal health. We also lose blood supply to the area because veins shrivel and shrink.  Not good.

So my suggestion is you see your doctor and talk about this issue. Please don't allow this issue to get to the point where it's harder to restore your vaginal health.

Painful sex is not fun, and it's hard for our male counterparts to understand when they still want and desire sex.     

• Posted

Thanks for replying back trying to get a appointment with my gp will let you know how I get on thank you x
    • Posted

You're very welcome.  Sorry you have joined this club.  This is such a life altering and unpleasant symptom of menopause.  I'd rather have hot flashes than this.  

• Posted

Dear Susan:

I'm so sorry to hear youre going through this and sorrier that it's taking a toll on your marriage.  I don't have any silver bullet solutions to offer as my marriage is about ready to end.  But what I would say is that keep the lines of communications open.  Your husband loves you.  It may be a difficult topic to broach.  But l'm sure if you just touch base with him every so often it'll go some way in maintaining some harmony.  I know with all you have going on probably the last thing you want to do is reassure your husband.  But as a guy who's living with a peri menopausal woman I would welcome anything in the way of pleasant conversation.  My wife's doctor told her last may that she's peri menopausal.  Since then she's been so difficult to handle.  There's been nothing in the bedroom for over a year.  I'm supportive as much as one can be who's constantly attacked.  If my wife would just talk to me like a human being I'd deal with it.  Good luck.  My thoughts are with you. 

Michael 

• Posted

Thank you its nice to hear from a man who is on the receiving end of it.
  • Posted

Hi I'm just going into the menopause at nearly 53 my problem at the moment is hot flushes worse at night I'm way too hot if my husband cuddles me. But I'm sure I'm gonna have the same problem's as a lot of women on here I'll be heading down to Ann Summers. 😉😉

• Posted

Hi susan, Yes, its a painful experience and since I don't want to take hormones the next best solution is KY jelly or some sort of lubricant.  good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.