Has your Libido dropped since having a TURP procedure?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know what's happening to me.

The promise of "everything will be 'back to normal' 4-6 weeks afterwards" has been mostly true. I'm in my 6th week after the op. Finally it doesn't hurt to pee (most of the time). I'm not incontinant. I can still get an erection.

I don't like orgasms with Retrograde Ejaculation. Enjoyment level gone from 9 to 3 :-(

It could be psychological but I have lost interest in sex. (That's not like me)

Seeing that my libido is all my wife and I have between us (She joined the 30% of women who lose ALL their hormones after menopause), I'm worried that intimacy will disappear between us too.

I'm so glad I can hide behind the name 'Yabbie'. I'd never ask these questions otherwise.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yabbie,

I had my TURP on June 1st and recovered very fast back to normal. Never had any leakage after catheter removal. Beside having catheter for 9 days, everything else real breeze.

As the mater of fact my libido increased and my erections are stronger than before surgery. Sex is great again and I can last long time before orgasming. Orgasams are still very intense and last long with the only difference of being dry but my wife and I don't mind less mess. I had my first sex after TURP on post op day 14.

Hang in, libido should return.

MK

• Posted

Thanks MK,

Your story is very encouraging.

Nice to hear things are even better than before. Enjoy!

I will have to be patient I guess.

It's just that we are going on holidays next week and I usually enjoy the lack of everyday life pressures to assist us with a little more sex.

I don't wnat that affected.

Oh well, life doesn't always go the way we want.

By the way, did they find cancer in the biopsy from your TURP? They found I have Gleeson stage 6 - watching and waiting + maybe a biopsy in 6 months

• Posted

Yes. Ca was found after TURP, Gleason 6. I had prostate biopsy in August and Ca was confirmed just higher Gleason score 4+3 = 7b. Now, I ma trying to decide what I am going to do. Tomorrow, I am meeting with radiation oncologist and after that I will make decision about modality of treatment. I am young (51) and need to take care of it.
    • Posted

You are young!

What's the 'b' in the '7b' Gleeson score?

Does that indicate where in the Prostate the cancer is?

Please ask the oncologist if, having had radiation does that proclude any other types of treatment in the event of a recurance down the track. (I've heard it does) I'd love to know. 

All the best with your decision.

• Posted

7b is 4+3 where primary pattern is 4 and secondary pattern is 3 and in 7a is opposite, primary pattern is 3 and secondary 4.

Having primary pattern 4 puts patient in higher risk.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.