Hate Doctors

Posted , 5 users are following.

I hate my doctors, going away tomorrow and don't have enough pills. I called them Monday and was told to call back Tuesday and it'll be fine. Called and they said that I need a review. So had to have a doctor call, but she made it was clear today's call was for the sick people but she made it clear I was in the wrong. I called again later and another said I need to see a Doctor or a call, when I said I need them she got funny and said I need 48 notice. I know but I just forgot, they made me feel small, stupid so I hung up. Now I don't know what how to get through the holiday, apart from missing some, as I'm 4 short. Then no more when I get back. I don't know the best way stop them, I have three weeks worth and that's it. I'll never go to the doctors again, as I'm not sick!!!! But need the best way to come off them safely. I feel I've been dumped on my head and going it alone again. Just as I was getting on my feet, I'm going backwards and scared. Coming off pills in a country on my own, great, that's if I come back. I had a dream once, maybe it was meant for now

1 like, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

what are the meds you are needing . you didnt mention what they are.

let me tell you the NHS is dying a slow but more rapid death leaving people like yourself and me without the real support we need.

My GO surgery has been with out a main dr for 6 months they are all locums when we are told that the GP is central to our medical needs.

Including our mental health needs.

this govt is ripping the system to shreds and many many thousands of accutley ill patients are being left in the dark and isolated in thier issues of finding health and maintaining any form of well being.

I wish it was me going on holiday, i could care less where it was to be , i am myself facing no future with my advanced HIV status now Aids 

I have spent my life travelling with great passion to see the world and to interact with people and nature.

And now I am so unwell and am to be evicted from what has been my worse 4 years of tenancy from a dispicable landlord who has lied its way into court and had me and my loving carer a full time student with no income to live on the streets.

The council are under no obligation to re house me and def wont do a thing for the one passionate mate that has been my constant back drop and there for me every moment.

we are to be removed from the home on the 22nd july

we cant go private as we dont have the funds , we have elederly parents who live outside of the UK.

I can only walk out of my home with some bedding to keep warm on the streets of london where the Police arrest the homeless and beat them up.

Please go on your holiday enjoy every damn day you have and make it worthwhile.

I wish you well

If i happen to have the meds u need to cver you over i would gladly give them to you.

Hugs

PJ

• Posted

Hi what an awful situation you find yourselves in.  Have you been to your doctors about it?   S/he should be able to put you in touch with help to find you other accommodation.  

Wouldn't you qualify for housing benefit etc.?  I know things have changed with these awful austerity cuts but surely a seriously ill person cannot be shuffled off to live on the streets?   Bev x

• Posted

LOl

Dctors, i virtually live there

Thousadns of Doctors every week are giving up this counrty from work, they have been trated so badly they are leaving in thier droves, many appaarently are going to Australia.

but its not just about the money it is this govt who are morons who want to secretly destruct and tear the nhs apart until it becomes so unbareable the govt calls a vote (possibly ) for the country to go american style medical.

it all comes down to meny.

the Uk is in a mess.

No Address I am afarid mens no benifit entitlement.

I wont be needing that anyway as living on the street will wipe me out too.

I am at hugely high risk now of infection and it wont take too long when that occurs with living on the street .

Anyway its a few more days away yet

• Posted

Hi Ozzie you sound vey bitter and I don't blame you in the slightest.  I am in the UK as well and I agree with you about this Govt. completely.   I am a victim of the austerity cuts as well you know.  

But you have to think of yourself you know and try and survive these awful times.   Ask your doctor for help.   You have nothing to lose do you? 

Bev x

• Posted

Try dialling 111 the NHS emergency line. Explain what your problem is. First Google withdrawal on your drug and tell them what has happened. I shouldn't matter whose fault it is, if you get withdrawal while on holiday it could make you extremely ill. I'm on OxyContin twice a day and I only have to miss one of those two and I'm straight into the worst withdrawal ever. It's so hard to get off of oxy that my doctor referred me to a drug rehab centre to help me. Haven't done it yet due to other health problems. Hope something works out for you.
    • Posted

Cheers Ozzie, I've found that you have to be VERY proactive with the medical profession these days. They will fob you off at the drop of a hat. Sorry to hear about your situation, total bummer! Hugs back atcha. Carol
  • Posted

I'm from the US and not sure how it works there. Here, I can speak to my pharmacists and explain the situation. He would probably give me enough to get through my vacation and see my doctor when I return. If so, make an appointment before you leave for vacation to see the doctor as soon as you return. Best of luck!
    • Posted

and to you to 

have an amazing break.

Where in USA are U?

San Diego has been my 2nd ghome for 28 years in fact i have arranged car ride share 5 times from NYC to California  with back packers.

I love travelling USA so much to see.

it could eally take a lifetime  to discover

I really miss not being able to travel 

Hugs 

PJ

• Posted

From the Metro Area. Originally from New York. My bucket list is to do a lot of traveling and hope to make it a reality. Thanks PJ, I guess I'm blessed in many ways. Sometimes it's hard to see it when we are suffering with anxiety and depression. Believe PJ! Don't stop believing!
  • Posted

Hi do you use the same chemists to get your meds from?  This happened to me as well and I went in my usual chemist and explained the problem.  They had no problem giving me some more over the counter.  x
    • Posted

Hi hypercat! Yes, same one which makes it easy when you need such a favor. The chemist can see you have been taking the meds month after month -- it makes it easier for him or her to give you a few to hold you over till your doctor visit.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.